Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The Happy Thoughts Thread

Feeling rather happy today, I thought I'd start this thread for those of us who need to share something that's made us feel good about things recently.

So I'll start with my pleasure at finding I'd reached 30,000 Karma points. It's a very small thing, but it's really given a good start to my day.

Has something good happened to you recently? It doesn't need to be an important event. Just something that made you feel better.

It might be something big that you're telling everyone, or a tiny detail that's not worth mentioning to anyone else, but that made you happy. Whatever it is, share it with us in this thread.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Just one more day till Aloha Friday. I look forward to this day each week. Work is grueling. Things don't always get better with time. Yet, we need time to allow the mind to uncoil. This weekend, I'll re-watch Wim Wenders' Wings of Desire. This is for Patricia, who really was an angel, and now soars among them.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This morning my cats announced the arrival of fall - in their own "catly" fashion. All summer they sleep scattered about the house, usually near an A/C vent. Come fall though, they remember where the bed (containing heat-generating human bodies) is located and gradually return like migrating sparrows, using nighttime stealth mode.

This morning I woke up with 2 out of 3 cats firmly affixed and thrumming their faces off, so fall is on its way. When all 3 are present (and purring) it will be officially fall.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
.... and gradually return like migrating sparrows, ...
Actually we don't migrate, we're rather sedentary by nature.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Actually we don't migrate, we're rather sedentary by nature.
Funny that ... so are my cats!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Funny that ... so are my cats!
And mine! The Siamese is perched on the back of my chair at the moment.

Happy things: I'm off work today. After being sort of ambivalent about the Sony Readers, once I got one, and now have it loaded, I'm loving it more and more. Feeling good about the discussion posts I did for school last night. Was pointed to a book discussion group on Facebook that looks like it's going to be fun. Woke up next to a sexy husband this morning who told me I was beautiful. It just doesn't get much better than that last one.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I went to see a live broadcast of Stephen Fry at the Royal Festival Hall tonight, talking about his new book of autobiography. It was fun just to hear him talk for 90 minutes.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #8
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
My happy thoughts upset people when I share them.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
My happy thoughts upset people when I share them.
Not everyone likes sex with llama stories.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Not everyone likes sex with llama stories.
How about stories about sex that happen to contain references to llamas? Or stories about llamas that contain references to sex? Or maybe sexy stories about llamas? Or possibly stories about sexy llamas? Or movies! Yeah, that's the ticket! Movies with sex and llamas. But not movies about sex with llamas! Or movies involving llamas having sex.

Or maybe
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:26 AM   #11
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Yep, he's been assimilated.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #12
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Don't be ridiculous.
Ass stimulation is happy_terd's thing.
Apparently llamas.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #13
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Don't be ridiculous.
Ass stimulation is happy_terd's thing.
Apparently llamas.
Would he use his "llama-dama-ding-dong" for this?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #14
recluse
Banned

No.
Just his sniffing finger.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #15
MJK2111
FUBAR!

Quote:
No.
Just his sniffing finger.
Why stop at just the finger?

Spoiler:

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 09-17-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: MR Mods responding to complaints of offensive photo.