Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Philippe Lemay
Apple Hater
Philippe Lemay began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPod Touch
Using multiple readers on one computer.

My sister recently purchased a Macbook (it's very nice, damn Apple...) and it came with a 2nd Generation iPod Touch. She hasn't been using it at all, but she has been noticing me oggling it a bit (it's not my fault! It's metal is so shiny!) And last week she just passed it to me and said "Here, Birthday present."

So now I got 2 diabolical Apple devices that can read eBooks. I plugged in the Touch to see if caliber would detect it, and it looks like it has, but... The icon showed on the "Reader" button in the top toolbar still shows my iPad. I think that caliber is still set on syncing to a Pad device, and not a Pod.

I haven't tried to sync books to the Touch just yet, to complicate matters caliber is in the middle of it's upgrade right now. So while it's upgrading I thought I would post my question here: Do I need to recalibrate caliber to sync up to an iPod Touch? Or will it not make much of a difference, and I shouldn't run into any problems.

Last edited by Philippe Lemay; 09-04-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Philippe Lemay is offline   Reply With Quote