Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Brazos_Jack
Enthusiast
Brazos_Jack began at the beginning.

Device: Palm
Urgent Help Needed! Lockup on New Cybook - Won't Reset

My one week old cybook (so I'm sure its the latest firmware) has locked up several times. Each time, I just pressed reset with a ball point pen and it reset.

Now its stuck on the screen with the 3 dots and the small cybook picture and reset won't work. I can't shut it off. I suppose in a day or so the battery will die.

Do I pull the battery? None of the buttons, including the reset, seem to have any effect.
Brazos_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos_Jack View Post
My one week old cybook (so I'm sure its the latest firmware) has locked up several times. Each time, I just pressed reset with a ball point pen and it reset.

Now its stuck on the screen with the 3 dots and the small cybook picture and reset won't work. I can't shut it off. I suppose in a day or so the battery will die.

Do I pull the battery? None of the buttons, including the reset, seem to have any effect.

If the Cybook is frozen to the point where even the Reset won't work - and the LED is still glowing - then by all means, pop open the battery compartment and disconnect the battery. I don't know if it will totally clear the lock-up, but at least the Cybook will be off.

Please report back if disconnecting and re-connecting the battery helps with the lock-up. And you should let the battery stay disconnected for at least 10-15 seconds - I'd give it a solid minute.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Mine played up until I had run the battery down and recharged it three times.

It would, initially, only recharge when connected to the USB port on my computer.

It now charges properly from the external charger.

Last edited by peterbbb; 08-03-2008 at 01:05 PM.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
Brazos_Jack
Enthusiast

It is frozen and reset won't work but the LED is not on.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Does the LED light up when it's charging?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Brazos_Jack
Enthusiast

Just plugged it in after reading your resonse. The light came on and it cleared. I'll charge it some more and see if that works.

Thanks
Old 08-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #7
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazos_Jack View Post
Just plugged it in after reading your resonse. The light came on and it cleared. I'll charge it some more and see if that works.

Thanks
It sounds very much as if you let it draw down enough that it actually ran out of juice right at the second opening splash screen. If that is the case, then your Cybook should be fine after it has a couple of hours recharging.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote