Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Kindle Fire won't download books -- solution

In case anyone else is having this problem--

Over the last two weeks I started having problems downloading books to my Kindle Fire. Normally I buy my books from the Amazon site by browsing with my PC and selecting the Kindle to which I want my book sent at the time I make the purchase. This normally works fine.

A week or two ago I started running into problems. After I had purchased a book, they never showed up on my Kindle. I tried clicking on the "gear" at the top of the Kindle screen and selecting sync, but that didn't work. I rebooted. No help. There wasn't any problem with the WiFi because I could browse the net on my Kindle. I used my PC to go to Amazon's Manage My Kindle section and sent the book again. Still didn't work. Eventually, I called Amazon support and the tech was able to force my book over, but couldn't tell me why I was having a problem.

It worked fine for a week or two, but yesterday the problem started happening again. This time I found a blog post on the teleread.com site that recommended clicking the "gear" then "+More" then "My Account" then deregistering. After it deregisters click the Register button to re-register it. The teleread instructions said you wouldn't need to type anything back in to re-register, but I needed to re-enter my email and password. Once I did this -- poof -- my books showed up.

I hope this helps someone else.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
AI appreciate thee info.I have been hacing some problem wiiththe downloaads.The cover showsxup but nothing inzide..mjust blank pages.aI does show up fine on my aKkindle ereader though.aVery strange, it is aa new problem.It always worked foine before..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
In case anyone else is having this problem--

Over the last two weeks I started having problems downloading books to my Kindle Fire. Normally I buy my books from the Amazon site by browsing with my PC and selecting the Kindle to which I want my book sent at the time I make the purchase. This normally works fine.

A week or two ago I started running into problems. After I had purchased a book, they never showed up on my Kindle. I tried clicking on the "gear" at the top of the Kindle screen and selecting sync, but that didn't work. I rebooted. No help. There wasn't any problem with the WiFi because I could browse the net on my Kindle. I used my PC to go to Amazon's Manage My Kindle section and sent the book again. Still didn't work. Eventually, I called Amazon support and the tech was able to force my book over, but couldn't tell me why I was having a problem.

It worked fine for a week or two, but yesterday the problem started happening again. This time I found a blog post on the teleread.com site that recommended clicking the "gear" then "+More" then "My Account" then deregistering. After it deregisters click the Register button to re-register it. The teleread instructions said you wouldn't need to type anything back in to re-register, but I needed to re-enter my email and password. Once I did this -- poof -- my books showed up.

I hope this helps someone else.
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've had problem with it pulling new books off the server too. I would clear the Kindle Data app before doing the other. I believe the deregistering will bring all books back on the carousel and I never want to have to remove over 2000 books now 3000 again!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
goggin
Enthusiast
goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.goggin can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
+1 .... I had this happen to me a while back and solved it the same way. De-registering and then re- registering fixed it.
goggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Pretty weird. Of course, you could always send them via USB, which i did once when I could not get connected with my wi-fi at home for some reason (later on it worked OK. Who knows?)
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert