Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
[Kobo] v5.6 for iOS is now available in the App Store.

Kobo v5.6 for iOS is now available in the App Store.

What's New
★ Added support for more languages: French, Spanish, Italian, German, and Dutch.

★ Use the new Storage Management feature to select which books to keep on your device.

★ Links within PDFs are now tappable.

★ Added support for side-loaded Adobe DRM ePubs and PDFs.

★ Bug fixes, including an issue where specific books failed to open.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
It's a shame that Kobo is no longer integrated into the readers hub.
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
I have this version on my 2nd Gen iPad and my pages are losing the top and bottom line. I only see 1/2 of it, irritatingly not enough to work out what's written. The line does not appear on the previous or next page either. I have tried all fonts and sizes. A change will sometimes make it work for one page but not after a page turn.
This app used to be great now it's hit and miss whether it syncs or not and doesn't display correctly.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orn8one View Post
I have this version on my 2nd Gen iPad and my pages are losing the top and bottom line. I only see 1/2 of it, irritatingly not enough to work out what's written. The line does not appear on the previous or next page either. I have tried all fonts and sizes. A change will sometimes make it work for one page but not after a page turn.
This app used to be great now it's hit and miss whether it syncs or not and doesn't display correctly.
What version of iOS are you running on your iPad?
Do you see this issue with all books or just a few of them. Can you tell me the book title and author and I'll have a look and see if I can reproduce the issue
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Thank you so much for replying.
I am running IOS 5.1.1
The books are Patricia Cornwall, 'Trace' and 'Book of the Dead'. I have a James Patterson 'Kill Alex Cross' which I have given up on. The chapters are listed twice and changing a chapter takes me back to the start of the book.
Many thanks. Amanda
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
I was so excited to hear about the addition of sideloading that I reinstalled this right away. It works even with DRM-free ePubs. Hooray!

Then I started using it and was immediately reminded of why I don't use it:

- Boot up and the app switches to Mobile Safari, then back again. Weird.
- First thing I see on the screen is an alert to connect my Kobo account with my Facebook account. No thanks.
- Finally navigate to my library and start my book. All of a sudden I'm interrupted by a popup that takes up 1/3 of the bottom half of the screen. "Congratulations, you have linked your account to Instapaper!" What the fuck? No, I didn't, and I didn't give anyone permission to do so.
- Default settings are set to skeumorphic page curl effect and "Kobo styling," whatever that is. Looks like crap.
- Try to adjust text size. It's either fine-print small or ridiculously large, nothing in between.
- Read one page and test the bookmarking function. Tapping the top right-hand corner works fine, except I get another massive popup: "Congratulations, you have started a new book. You have earned the Once Upon a Time award!" Allofmywat.jpg
- Reading fairly quickly. The app can't keep up. Every time I turn the page, a giant pink ribbon shoots out of the right side of the screen with a little Loading icon before bringing up the next page of text. Seriously?
- Relaunch the app a second time and immediately get bombarded by a spam popup: "Please rate the Kobo app in the App Store."

Deleted. Never again.
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
Orn8one
Groupie

You can switch off all that stuff in 'settings', just pull the text up within the window. I missed the 'pull up' to start with. I also hate all that stuff.
Mine doesn't do the Safari swap thing though. That's weird.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post

Deleted. Never again.
I wasn't excited but I thought I would give it another go... and +1 to your comments...
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #9
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is cool! Thanks for sharing
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote