Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #1081
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm. actually it will probably be more like hundreds.

And "Worship" I highly doubt.

You still didn't state your native language, nor did you update your location.

But a video is not utterly "out of the question", it's not a tough process.

Generally one with pictures is actually more helpful.

I think ones with pictures already exist.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 PM   #1082
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch software Version 5.1.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
hmm. actually it will probably be more like hundreds.

And "Worship" I highly doubt.

You still didn't state your native language, nor did you update your location.

But a video is not utterly "out of the question", it's not a tough process.

Generally one with pictures is actually more helpful.

I think ones with pictures already exist.
But didn't work. I tried but didn't work
ivakuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #1083
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivakuska View Post
But didn't work. I tried but didn't work
We need more information than "didn't work"

What where you trying? This:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...36&postcount=4
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #1084
ivakuska
Enthusiast
ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ivakuska knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
We need more information than "didn't work"

What where you trying? This:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...36&postcount=4
i finally BROKE my kindle I think.. When I tried like in your pictures // after that I realized that my kindle dont apear in my windows explorer at my laptop when I connect him. it's charging but Partition from my Kindle wont apair. Can I recover it ...And at the mgftool : No device connected please help
And also my screensaver DISAPEARD ,....
thank you

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-03-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #1085
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@ivakuska: Your kindle is now in fastboot mode. Keep trying to install those drivers.

All of your problems are caused by Windows being horribly picky with device drivers. That is also the reason why even a video walkthrough makes no sense, because it seems like everybody's Windows behaves somewhat differently.

The only one-size-fits all solution will be a Linux Live CD/USB stick. There had already been some thoughts about this, but they didn't evolve. I'll start working on it when I find the time, but it may take a month or two.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #1086
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i finally BROKE my kindle I think.. When I tried like in your pictures // after that I realized that my kindle dont apear in my windows explorer at my laptop when I connect him. it's charging but Partition from my Kindle wont apair. Can I recover it ...And at the mgftool : No device connected please help
And also my screensaver DISAPEARD ,....
thank you
Yeah. not broken.

Also -critically- it will accept charge in that mode. so you have time to get it fixed.

Keep it on charge.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #1087
ivakuska
Enthusiast

h

thank all of you for your answers. At this time we should go to bed (tomortow someone have WORk ...). Ixtab, thank you very much for your patience.. I need videotutorial with how downgrade to previous version. I followed many tutorials with pictures but in finally ...happens what happens... I will apreciate more if you'll make video tutorial on windows seven.. (by this way you will save more time than create a portable linux.)

Thx
Old 02-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #1088
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
thank all of you for your answers. At this time we should go to bed (tomortow someone have WORk ...). Ixtab, thank you very much for your patience.. I need videotutorial with how downgrade to previous version. I followed many tutorials with pictures but in finally ...happens what happens... I will apreciate more if you'll make video tutorial on windows seven.. (by this way you will save more time than create a portable linux.)

Thx
Sorry, but that is out of the question. I don't even have Windows.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #1089
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Sorry, but that is out of the question. I don't even have Windows.
Oh It's so sexy when you say that.

: D

Last edited by twobob; 02-03-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 AM   #1090
ivakuska
Enthusiast

hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Oh It's so sexy when you say that.

: D
If I will connect my Kindle through virtual machine with linux (Vmware), will work?

I just want to downgrade my kindle to put on them Duokan... But just now I'm trusting to "WHO HATE WINDOWS - ESPECIAL SEVEN"

How should I make too see again my kindle partition when I will connect my Kindle to my PC. Thx

Last edited by ivakuska; 02-04-2013 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #1091
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Run your machine with a Linux LiveCD - does not touch or change the storage media on your machine, runs in memory only.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #1092
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
... But just now I'm trusting to "WHO HATE WINDOWS - ESPECIAL SEVEN" ...
It is not a matter of hating Windows, but rather that Linux is a lot less limiting as to what you CAN do in a simple and consistent manner.

Windows is great for people who want to run Windows-only apps, and have no problem living within the strict boundaries imposed by Windows.

But for some of us who like exploring beyond the boundaries and limitations of Windows, Linux is a much less painful system in general. But Linux has more rough edges to deal with than Windows (although they are much less painful with well organized Linux distros such as Linux Mint).

In my case, I use both. On some of my computers I run a Windows XP VM inside Linux Mint. In others I run a Linux VM inside Windows 7. On my primary machine at this moment (quad-SLI Core i7 3770k with 32GB RAM) I am running Windows XP and Linux Mint in side-by-side VMs on top of Windows 7 (soon to be upgraded to Windows 8). I just finished building a dual Xeon quad core (8-core) server with ECC RAM (for reliability), and I have not yet decided what to use for the base OS. I am leaning toward Linux Mint. At the moment that computer is running diagnostics from a live CD bootable distro (as recommended by knc1 above, for running fastboot)...

Just because somebody does not use Windows does not mean that they hate it, and it certainly DOES NOT mean that your trust in them may be misplaced (as seems to be implied by your post). Linux hackers often understand the inner workings of Windows better than Windows hackers, and choose not to use it after knowing intimately the strengths and weaknesses of both of them.

P.S. As mentioned in a previous post (weeks ago) I am still waiting to pass 6 million karma before my 5,000th post. This post just burned one of my few remaining posts for that goal. You may have noticed a lot fewer posts by me in recent weeks. Now you know one of the reasons why... This also gives me a chance to work on other non-Kindle things that have been demanding my time (such as my REAL job, and home remodeling started by my spouse). It is GREAT that others can help with kindle debricking problems in my absence. Thanks guys!

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-04-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Add missing "DOES NOT". Oops...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #1093
knc1
Going Viral

Get your text editor ready, you are about to break the 6 million mark.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #1094
ixtab
(offline)

@gm:

A tiny question: I know that eureka had posted a standalone u-boot fastboot binary (the one not requiring u-boot bist), but I can't find it anymore

Would somebody who knows where it can be found please post a pointer?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #1095
twobob

Quote:
If I will connect my Kindle through virtual machine with linux (Vmware), will work?

I just want to downgrade my kindle to put on them Duokan... But just now I'm trusting to "WHO HATE WINDOWS - ESPECIAL SEVEN"

How should I make too see again my kindle partition when I will connect my Kindle to my PC. Thx
I believe you want to use the fastboot tools to reflash the device?

The can work on windows. Or on linux. The choice is yours.

I run windows, it's just so much slower, and plagued with malware.

Tags
debricking