Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #1021
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulleta View Post
Hello everyone! I have now successfully reflashed my Kindle. Seemingly my problem was a hardware issue; I used a different USB port after trying it again with a full charge. It installed just fine on my virtual machine.

I had a hiccup when flashing the diag_kernel; it said there was not enough space. I flashed the main_kernel first, then when back to the diag_kernel, and it flashed it that time.

Other than that, I was expecting the hurdles I needed to go through afterwards, thanks to the insightful information found here in the forums.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding; some of us are art majors and don't know our way around computers!
I added your success report to the list in the first post. Congratulations on your successful debricking!
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #1022
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
thanks ixtab. read the info. is it the same as installing update_k5_diags+ssh.bin?

my KT is ok, just want to install this as an "insurance".
It's theoretically the same - the .bin ran exactly these commands. Practically, it's even better, because it actually works, whereas the .bin wouldn't always work correctly - that's the whole point why it was taken offline.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 05:16 AM   #1023
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
still a lil baffled why atm my mostly unbricked K3 is being rejected at amazon's side. (despite they said theres nothing on thier end about it being banned or anything.)
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #1024
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelThunderwing View Post
still a lil baffled why atm my mostly unbricked K3 is being rejected at amazon's side. (despite they said theres nothing on thier end about it being banned or anything.)
Have you been able to register it yet?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #1025
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

nope, but, i do have my log dump. just PM'd you a excert from the gigantic log dump that seems relivant from when i trie dto register.

what it is doing visually on screen. i get the error as if your trying to connect to the shop when it's down or you have internet issue s(connected to router but modem offline'd) then says my password to my account is incorrect.
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #1026
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
nope, but, i do have my log dump. just PM'd you a excert from the gigantic log dump that seems relivant from when i trie dto register.

what it is doing visually on screen. i get the error as if your trying to connect to the shop when it's down or you have internet issue s(connected to router but modem offline'd) then says my password to my account is incorrect.
Funky messages - may not be an exact description.

It looks like your missing one (or both) of the Amazon certificates.

But attach that portion of the log dump you sent me to a post (zip or gzip it) - maybe someone else can spot the problem.

If you can't find the "manage attachments" thing - it is only in the "advanced editor" -
Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #1027
CaelThunderwing
Zealot

attached. i'd give teh full dump if needed (just need to remove any mentions of my MAC Addy and Serial#)

if it'll help i'll upload that Master image i received from the Kindle Development team,
Attached Files
File Type: txt log Dump.txt (14.8 KB, 324 views)
Old 01-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #1028
mobileringz
mobileringz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Can anybody offer further advice on my problem? Details are quoted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileringz View Post
I've been following the "Guide to debricking Kindle Touch V4" and have successfully completed all the steps up until the diag mode section. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and have successfully installed a Kindle-fastboot driver and done all the steps in fastboot in the command prompt, but now I'm stuck.

My Kindle Touch is no longer endlessly rebooting. It is stuck on the boot screen with the tree. Despite flashing it according to the guide in boot mode, I am unable to get it to reboot into diag mode. When I enter the final command in the guide "fastboot reboot," the only thing that happens is that the libusb-win32 devices along with the Kindle-Fastboot disappears from my Device Manager. The Kindle Touch remains unresponsive and I can't figure out how to get it to boot into diag mode.

I tried repeating the fastboot steps a few times, even downloaded the files from a different source, and am still stuck at the same place in the debricking process.

Is there any way for me to continue from here?
mobileringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1029
CaelThunderwing
Zealot

links of the image sent to both KNC1 & Geekmaster if you two want to disect it.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #1030
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
links of the image sent to both KNC1 & Geekmaster if you two want to disect it.
I do not have the knowledge to be digging into an image.

Note: This post has not been pre-approved by our moderator: ixtab.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #1031
PolarFox
PolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmos

Device: PW
I have been reading this thread all the way and maybe you can help me, but I think my problem is a bit special. I have a 5.3.1 PW, I did not try to install jailbreak, or anything, but after a charge it was showing the "Your Kindle Needs Repair." message (I charged it for 14 hours for now still nothing). I am wondering if there is (or probably there will be) any method that can be tried (even on hardware level) to fix the problem (As I understood data.stgz method does not work with this version). I live outside the US and I do not want to send it back to Amazon (they sent a change to me to an US address though).

I am just curious if it can be saved since it does not seems all dead (battery light screen works so...)

What do you think?

Last edited by PolarFox; 01-21-2013 at 10:33 AM.
PolarFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #1032
wallacemckart
Enthusiast
wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.wallacemckart can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi. While I was trying to setup usbnetwork from diagnotics, i stucked in it. I didn't now i have already had it. ixtab said me to do
"idme -d --bootmode main
reboot"

after that my pw is stuck in boot(kindle tree screen) And my PC doesn't recognize it

After a while "charge it" screen appeared. When i plug it to pc while it has "charge it" screen, new device is shown in my computer. But when i tried to open folder, pc didn't allow it.

Are these mean my pw bricked? Can I debricked it?
wallacemckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #1033
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallacemckart View Post
Hi. While I was trying to setup usbnetwork from diagnotics, i stucked in it. I didn't now i have already had it. ixtab said me to do
"idme -d --bootmode main
reboot"

after that my pw is stuck in boot(kindle tree screen) And my PC doesn't recognize it

After a while "charge it" screen appeared. When i plug it to pc while it has "charge it" screen, new device is shown in my computer. But when i tried to open folder, pc didn't allow it.

Are these mean my pw bricked? Can I debricked it?
Those are symptoms of a dead battery. Diags can completely drain the battery. Charge it on a wall charger for a full day, then try to restart it.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #1034
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarFox View Post
I have been reading this thread all the way and maybe you can help me, but I think my problem is a bit special. I have a 5.3.1 PW, I did not try to install jailbreak, or anything, but after a charge it was showing the "Your Kindle Needs Repair." message (I charged it for 14 hours for now still nothing). I am wondering if there is (or probably there will be) any method that can be tried (even on hardware level) to fix the problem (As I understood data.stgz method does not work with this version). I live outside the US and I do not want to send it back to Amazon (they sent a change to me to an US address though).

I am just curious if it can be saved since it does not seems all dead (battery light screen works so...)

What do you think?
You can debrick it using a serial port connection. It would be much easier to recover if you HAD installed jailbreak and some other stuff before it bricked...

A jailbreak install MIGHT still work. You need to reset a "failed boot" counter to get rid of YKNR (Your Kindle Needs Repair)...
Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM   #1035
PolarFox
PolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmosPolarFox has become one with the cosmos

Device: PW
Thanks for answer, yes I found out that I should have installed jailbreak... no comment for amazon... Can you please provide a link where I can get some information about serial port debricking, because I cannot find detailed ones.

Thanks again, I will keep posting results.
PolarFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
debricking