Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-18-2014, 04:37 AM   #16
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you very much, @Mini, this is exactly what I was looking for. I've adapted a bit the method (rating + HalfS => Rating+, so I don't have to repeat wating, and as I'm drawing challenged, coud you please add an icon in rating_icons_2 for 2.5 stars? If you can't that's right but if I don't ask...

Anyway, thank you very much again.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #17
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Thank you very much, @Mini, this is exactly what I was looking for. I've adapted a bit the method (rating + HalfS => Rating+, so I don't have to repeat wating, and as I'm drawing challenged, coud you please add an icon in rating_icons_2 for 2.5 stars? If you can't that's right but if I don't ask...

Anyway, thank you very much again.
Is up!

I also added a 0star icon. See original post here and see edit_part2 text.

Mini
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you very much I've played around with some specific columns and half star are up A slightly different way but it works like a charm, thanks again

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 08-18-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:19 AM   #19
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
This is for everyone who wants a 1/2 rating for 3+ and 4+ because sure I did. AND so I created one
Using an advanced rule instead of a sequence of basic rules would have better performance. It is also easier to customize for more or fewer cases.

An example template for an advanced icon rule that returns the name of the desired png file is:
Code:
program:
# Set r to the value in a float field containing the rating
r = raw_field('#myfloat');

# Return the name of the png that corresponds to the value. The .01 stuff
# is used to avoid having to enter the png name twice, once for less-than
# and once for equals
first_non_empty(
	cmp(r, 1.01, '1-star-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 2.01, '2-star-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 3.01, '3-star-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 3.51, '3-star-plus-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 4.01, '4-star-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 4.51, '4-star-plus-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 5.01, '5-star-rating.png', '', '')
)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:18 PM   #20
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Using an advanced rule instead of a sequence of basic rules would have better performance. It is also easier to customize for more or fewer cases.

An example template for an advanced icon rule that returns the name of the desired png file is:
Code:
program:
# Set r to the value in a float field containing the rating
r = raw_field('#myfloat');

# Return the name of the png that corresponds to the value. The .01 stuff
# is used to avoid having to enter the png name twice, once for less-than
# and once for equals
first_non_empty(
	cmp(r, 1.01, '1-star-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 2.01, '2-star-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 3.01, '3-star-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 3.51, '3-star-plus-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 4.01, '4-star-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 4.51, '4-star-plus-rating.png', '', ''),
	cmp(r, 5.01, '5-star-rating.png', '', '')
)
I think I'm a bit stupid here

Could you explain to me what to put where in the advanced rule? Because I never worked with it before

But I would really like to know

Mini
Advert
Old 08-19-2014, 12:52 PM   #21
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
I think I'm a bit stupid here

Could you explain to me what to put where in the advanced rule? Because I never worked with it before

But I would really like to know

Mini
In Preference / Look and feel / column icons, look at the bottom of the dialog. You will see a button "Add advanced rule" (or something close to that). Tap it and a dialog will open letting you set up the rule type and the rule template. The "program:" bit I supplied is the template.

To explain a bit further, an advanced rule must return the name of the file containing the image to be displayed. If you want more than one image displayed by this one rule, return a list of image names separated by colons. If you want the results of this rule to be composed with other rules (use the results of multiple rules), pick one of the "composed" types.

In your case where you have a single image for each rating group, the advanced rule would return one name. That is what the sample template I provided does.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #22
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

But take into account that you must change the rules for choosing according to the value of Rating+, not the float column that chaley has analyzed.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #23
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If you want more than one image displayed by this one rule, return a list of image names separated by colons.
I think I was a bit in a rush and didn't formulated my questions too clear. I just didn't understand where to put ALL the png-files because I only could select one. But you answered that question anyway.

I will try it out.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
But take into account that you must change the rules for choosing according to the value of Rating+, not the float column that chaley has analyzed.
And thanks for that info too because as I rushed over it, I actually did miss that part. Though it makes perfectly sense now that I think about it.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #24
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
I'm trying to get finer decimal ratings (for half star or finer ratings like 4.5, 4.9, etc), too, but I'm not clear on the instructions for how to do this so far. I've made a column called ratings and set it to floating point as described. But then what? I just have an empty column now, how do I get the data from the ratings column into the decimal column? Where is the decimal rating behind the graphical stars located? Is there actual decimal data with the built in metadata download or do I need some plugin to actually grab the raw ratings again from Amazon?
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #25
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

You can transfer values from one column to another with bulk metadata search and replace.

Transferring "rating" introduces some complexity because it normally isn't a column that one can operate on. However, "template" mode lets us get its value then store it in another column. The following screen capture shows you how.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.png
Views:	254
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	136899  
Old 04-06-2015, 05:09 PM   #26
truth1ness
Zealot
truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!truth1ness is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Could you explain what is going on in these fields? What is template mode, I don't see it in the dropdown or anywhere in the window.
truth1ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #27
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth1ness View Post
Could you explain what is going on in these fields? What is template mode, I don't see it in the dropdown or anywhere in the window.
Set the search mode to regular expression and all the options/fields/dropdowns shown in the screen capture will be available to you.

Tags
rating, stars