Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-03-2013, 06:44 AM   #1
avid01
Addict
avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avid01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4
Recommend Android reader working similar to Kindle SW regarding dictionary use

Here' s what I try to accomplish: I have a dictionary in e-book format - not an app - and even more! I have different dictionaries for different languages - you can set up Kindle easily to use separate dictionaries for different languages. I want to accomplish the same thing with an Android app - seamless dictionary integration with dictionaries in ebook format.

Which app can you recommend? Preferably free. I need offline dictionary support, strangely most apps only offer online look up.

Last edited by avid01; 09-03-2013 at 06:49 AM.
avid01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
It may not be exactly what you want, though I think it's close: I use Offline Dictionaries Pro, which works at least with Moon+ Reader Pro. OD supports a large number of different languages and allows you to look up the same word in different dictionaries.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
ehbendisdonc
ehbendisdonc began at the beginning.

Device: dell axim 51v, Google Nexus 7
Offline dictionary integration was my biggest (only?) disappointment with Android readers. It's great on the Kindle app, and it was superb on my old PDA with Mobireader.
I now have Moon+ working nicely with Colordict. I explained how I did it at this link.
ehbendisdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #4
Jdschi
Connoisseur
Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.Jdschi is far more humble than you.

Device: Nexus 7.2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbendisdonc View Post
Offline dictionary integration was my biggest (only?) disappointment with Android readers. It's great on the Kindle app, and it was superb on my old PDA with Mobireader.
I now have Moon+ working nicely with Colordict. I explained how I did it at this link.
Awesome, thank you! I've used ColorDict as well but was underwhelmed with the dictionaries you could download at Google Play. But now I can go and search for better ones myself! Now if I could only integrate an online dictionary too...
Jdschi is offline   Reply With Quote