Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 06:21 AM   #691
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just finished a month carefully proof-reading "Framley Parsonage", the 4th book of Anthony Trollope's "Barchester Chronicles", against the Penguin Classics edition. I've uploaded a new edition of my "Barchester Chronicles" omnibus containing the corrected text.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #692
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I've finally started (proof)reading "Le vicomte de Bragelonne", the third novel of d'Artagnan, you can expect it in the coming months.

I have also "Noli me tángere" and "El filibusterismo", by Philippines' national hero José Rizal, in the original Spanish, in the works.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #693
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've finally started (proof)reading "Le vicomte de Bragelonne", the third novel of d'Artagnan, you can expect it in the coming months.
Is it my version of it that you're proofing, or have you created your own? It's a seriously long book!
Old 02-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #694
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's the original French, so it's a new version
Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 AM   #695
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Ah, OK; thanks!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #696
forcheville
Zealot
forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forcheville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs650, Boox M92, Samsung Slate 7
I'm working on Etienne Pivert de Senancour's "Obermann", englished by A.E. Waite, and available from the Internet Archive in photographic pdf.

Am currently about 1/3 the way through cleaning up my own OCR of it. I intend to post it in RTF and a pdf suitable for 6" eReaders.
I find Calibre and BookDesigner too confusing.
forcheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #697
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I've finally started (proof)reading "Le vicomte de Bragelonne", the third novel of d'Artagnan, you can expect it in the coming months....
Your work is sorely needed...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...461#post800461
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:36 AM   #698
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I'm working on putting together a good version of Voyage of the Beagle by Charles Darwin with the original illustrations.

I had finished preparing an epub version of A Sky-Blue Life by Maxim Gorky, but now I am not sure of the copyright status. So unless someone can point out where it is definitively in public domain I will not upload it.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #699
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I had finished preparing an epub version of A Sky-Blue Life by Maxim Gorky, but now I am not sure of the copyright status. So unless someone can point out where it is definitively in public domain I will not upload it.
Is a translator listed? And what was the date of publication?
It would be a pity to miss out on the work, if it is PD.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #700
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Is a translator listed? And what was the date of publication?
It would be a pity to miss out on the work, if it is PD.
It's from an out of print paperback I have that has a number of short stories; all by Gorky. I scanned, OCRed, and converted it to EPUB. The translator is listed as George Reavy. Most of the stories in teh book I know are up here and at Gutenberg.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #701
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Quote:
It's from an out of print paperback I have that has a number of short stories; all by Gorky. I scanned, OCRed, and converted it to EPUB. The translator is listed as George Reavy. Most of the stories in teh book I know are up here and at Gutenberg.
If he's this George Reavey, his translations are not public domain anywere (he died in 1976, and having been born in 1907, I doubt he published anything before 1923).
Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #702
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Jelby is right about George Reavey's date of death. And none of the Project Gutenberg translations of Gorky are listed as by George Reavey. So it looks as though his works are definitely not in the public domain.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #703
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Jelby is right about George Reavey's date of death. And none of the Project Gutenberg translations of Gorky are listed as by George Reavey. So it looks as though his works are definitely not in the public domain.
Thanks for the definitive information on the issue. It's a shame that at least here in the U.S. anything that is not already out of copyright may never be.

M-I-C ... K-E-Y...
Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #704
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Thanks for the definitive information on the issue. It's a shame that at least here in the U.S. anything that is not already out of copyright may never be.

M-I-C ... K-E-Y...
You need to send $5 to Disney, RIGHT NOW!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #705
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I'm going to start with Emilia Galotti, a German classic by G.E.Lessing, which is listed on the PG. I've added a TOC (quite easy) and I've put the whole umlauts (easier) but the bulk of the work is my idea to actually use theatrical notation which the play needs. The PG version has the following scheme:

Character. (annotation) speech.

and it's my idea to... well, make it theatrical and readable:

Character: (annotation) speech.

Last edited by Logseman; 03-13-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote