Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 03:31 AM   #121
TurtleTots
TurtleTots began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
If the award was earn and was successfully synced to the server then you should not lose it, unless something went awry when it tried to save it up to the server.

Is this Kobo Touch or iOS where you are seeing the problem?
iOS. iPhone 4
How do I sync to the server with iOS?
TurtleTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #122
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
If you fully quit the app and launch it, it will sync, if you background / suspend the app and leave it alone for ≥ 1 minute and then resume it it will sync. In both cases you will see the library display the "Updating" banner at the top. You can manually sync by pulling down on the library just underneath the title bar (Pull to Refresh).
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #123
auriel
Enthusiast
auriel began at the beginning.

Device: Black Original Kobo; iPad 2; Black Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTots View Post
thanks but, I haven't removed any books and once you earn the award you shouldn't loose it. It just doesn't make sense to me lol
That's true I guess, lol. The same thing happened to me, I just assumed it was because I deleted a bunch of books *shrug*
auriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:48 AM   #124
TurtleTots

Thanks for the help Sharkus, I had updated it since receiving the award, but who knows...I still don't have 'not an open book' 'total recall' or 'fanatic' all of which I have met the criteria for
Auriel, I've read that there are major bugs with reading life at the moment, I just hope that when it all gets fixed, I get a bunch of awards lol. And when I get the 'juggernaut' award, (65% complete) it doesn't disappear!
Old 12-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #125
verano
verano began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad
Has anyone earned the "keener" or the "hot off the press" award? I know they have to do with magazines and newspapers, but I'm not sure what the criteria is to earn them.

If anyone has them (or knows how to get them) and doesn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate that info! Thanks!

Edited to add: Oh, and the newest IOS update for the Kobo app seems to have fixed the issue with disappearing books. Yippee!!! I'm doing a happy dance now!!

Last edited by verano; 12-17-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: missing last sentence
verano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #126
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verano View Post
Has anyone earned the "keener" or the "hot off the press" award? I know they have to do with magazines and newspapers, but I'm not sure what the criteria is to earn them.

If anyone has them (or knows how to get them) and doesn't mind sharing, I'd appreciate that info! Thanks!

Edited to add: Oh, and the newest IOS update for the Kobo app seems to have fixed the issue with disappearing books. Yippee!!! I'm doing a happy dance now!!
Seeing as I am, for some strange reason, in a festive mood:
Keener
User opens every issue of their magazine subscription on the day it is delivered for 5 consecutive issues.

Hot Off The Press
User opens every issue of their newspaper subscription on the day it is delivered for 5 consecutive issues.

Glad the new app is working well for you.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:14 PM   #127
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
Seeing as I am, for some strange reason, in a festive mood:
But what about those of us on the Touch who have achieved all the awards? Anything new coming our way?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:31 PM   #128
verano

Oh Sharkus, you just gave me some holiday spirit too! Thank you!!

Have a great holiday, we really are spoiled having you here on the board.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #129
milo86
milo86 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
But what about those of us on the Touch who have achieved all the awards? Anything new coming our way?
I also have the touch and have all the awards that are preloaded and greyed out on the device. R there going to be any other awards avaible dosen't seem fair that those who have the touch get less awards then those who have apps
milo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #130
Sharkus
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by verano View Post
Oh Sharkus, you just gave me some holiday spirit too! Thank you!!

Have a great holiday, we really are spoiled having you here on the board.
Sorry it's a bit late, so a belated Merry Christmas to you. Happy to be around and give a few hints now and then

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo86 View Post
I also have the touch and have all the awards that are preloaded and greyed out on the device. R there going to be any other awards avaible dosen't seem fair that those who have the touch get less awards then those who have apps
The absolutely truthful answer is "I don't know". I would suspect that there may be awards that don't require client apps to be updated appearing, for example; purchase X books in a series and you'll get an award.

Last edited by Sharkus; 12-28-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:55 PM   #131
heleneArch
heleneArch began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by auriel View Post
I think if you delete books and you go below 40 total in your library, it removes some of your progress.
I have over 500 books in my Kobo Vox library and the All you can eat award is at 25%... All were added in one batch.
So I'm confused. Some say you need a round number? others say 40+ and no need for 100+.
How could 10 or 40 books give you the AYCE award but not 500 titles?
I'd love an explanation.

Awards I have so far (since Dec 26):
welcome to reading life
facebook
I heart my library
once upon a time
not an open book
scout leader
deep thinker
inverted comma
night rider
fanatic
papillon
freeloader
juggernaut
page turner
afternoon rush hour
happy hour
primetime
better in bed
witching hour
kill the commute
sleeping in
i eat books for lunch
playing hooky
quoth the maven
fully loaded
ereading rainbow
lolz

working on Off the Wall (10%), Twain Award (28%) and the above mentioned All you can eat.

I read on Christmas eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and NY Day. Got no awards on the Kobo Vox for these, so I'm guessing there were none. At least not for the Vox.
heleneArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 PM   #132
mags75
mags75 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by heleneArch View Post
I have over 500 books in my Kobo Vox library and the All you can eat award is at 25%... All were added in one batch.
So I'm confused. Some say you need a round number? others say 40+ and no need for 100+.
I'd love an explanation.
i had the same problem and realised that i had put all my books on with calibre and it did not put them towards this award. so i downloaded the free ebooks off the kobo website and i completed the award very quickly (i then deleted the unwanted books off again).

anyone having problems with the inverted comma award... no matter how many passages i seem to highlight and save i can't seem to get it
mags75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #133
biscuitbear
biscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura aboutbiscuitbear has a spectacular aura about

Device: kobo by fnac
Quote:
Originally Posted by mags75 View Post
anyone having problems with the inverted comma award... no matter how many passages i seem to highlight and save i can't seem to get it
Same for me. I got it at the beginning, then one day I lost several books all of a sudden (they became unknown author, unknown title in my library, and whenever I tried to open one, the kobo would restart instead of opening the book). I tried to sync several times, but each time it just went on and on trying to sync and never getting past the first book in the list. In the end I did a factory reset and got my books back, and all my awards stayed except for the inverted comma one. No matter how many times I highlight since then, it's not coming back.
biscuitbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #134
TurtleTots

Quote:
Originally Posted by mags75 View Post
i had the same problem and realised that i had put all my books on with calibre and it did not put them towards this award. so i downloaded the free ebooks off the kobo website and i completed the award very quickly (i then deleted the unwanted books off again).

I too cannot seem to get the inverted coma award

Quote:
Originally Posted by heleneArch View Post
I'd love an explanation.

Awards I have so far (since Dec 26):
welcome to reading life
facebook
I heart my library
once upon a time
not an open book
scout leader
deep thinker
inverted comma
night rider
fanatic
papillon
freeloader
juggernaut
page turner
afternoon rush hour
happy hour
primetime
better in bed
witching hour
kill the commute
sleeping in
i eat books for lunch
playing hooky
quoth the maven
fully loaded
ereading rainbow
lolz

working on Off the Wall (10%), Twain Award (28%) and the above mentioned All you can eat.

I read on Christmas eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and NY Day. Got no awards on the Kobo Vox for these, so I'm guessing there were none. At least not for the Vox.
WOW, that's a LOT of reading in a short amount of time!
How did you get the ereading rainbow & the quoth the maven awards?
Old 01-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #135
verano

The ereading rainbow award is only available on the Kobo Vox. You get it just for reading your first color book (they give you five free ones I believe).

Tags
awards, reading life, touch