Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
HUGE E-Ink Tablets!

I can think of a few posters that have been waiting for THIS!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
AeroBee A4 & A3 Sized Hardware

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/13/b...-shuns-consum/

Do want.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Finally can see those PDFs at full size!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #4
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Torando what's the point of just adding the same link as the original poster ?

Anyway, though that tablet looks nice if I decided to go that size I'd go something light emitting like the Ipad. The purpose of such big tablets seem to be multi-media, video and internet surfing. E-ink devices are perfect to read because they are not eye straining and have super long battery life which is perfect for reading but the hand drawing, the video watching and net surfing are much better experienced on Ipad like devices.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
oh, i'd love that!
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Man, they're way too big. A 6" Kindle is all I need.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #7
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Isn't that a little bit to big? a 9.7 inch E-ink screen can also do the job.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #8
bZkindle
Fanatic
bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bZkindle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: k2, k3G, kindle DXG, Sony T-1, iPad, iPhone, stone tablet
I don't know about that tablet in particular, but I love the screen size.
Perfect for PDF!
bZkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #9
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
I have been waiting for an A4-sized ebook reader with electrophoretic screen (e.g. E-ink, Sipix) for years... I certainly would really like to finally be able to get one! By the way: such a large device would be a nice substitute for paper newspapers, too.

In my view, LCD tablets (besides being much less pleasant on the eye) have a battery life that is way too short for a relaxing reading experience. Like with paper books, I like the fact that I can put my ebook reader down on the couch, do something else for a while, and then go back to reading without a significant impact on battery life.
LCD devices are good for interactive applications (web browsing, games, ...) but -like laptops- they remind me of the time when I had a dial-up internet connection: I was never completely enjoying web surfing because I knew that every minute that I stayed online increased the bill.
(By the way: automatic standby does not solve the psychological issue. You *know* that in a few hours of use you will have to recharge the device, so you cannot afford to "waste" your time using it. As I said, for me this detracts from the sense of relax.)
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:17 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
On the same page, this was an interesting article http://www.tuaw.com/2011/04/12/surve...npage_engadget
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #11
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Except according to the article, they're not being marketed as ebook readers: they're designed to display adverts, in shops.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 AM   #12
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Torando what's the point of just adding the same link as the original poster ?
I didn't. I posted this as a thread starter. Apparently SolRaven and I posted at virtually the same time (SolRaven 5 minutes sooner) and an admin decided to delete my thread (took me a minute to figure out where my thread had disappeared to) and just roll my post into this thread. I wouldn't have started another thread had I seen any posts on the AeroBee, but at the time I started my thread, there weren't any.

Last edited by toronado; 04-14-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:52 AM   #13
toronado
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by garygibsonsf View Post
Except according to the article, they're not being marketed as ebook readers: they're designed to display adverts, in shops.
I know. That sucks. I totally want the A3 size to use as a digital music stand. Maybe some OEM will pick it up and create one.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #14
theGsayeth
bling bling
theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.theGsayeth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: amazon kindle
Quote:
Man, they're way too big. A 6" Kindle is all I need.
This.
theGsayeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
That's not E-ink!

That is Bridgestone's own screen tech.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote