Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 05:35 AM   #16
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
I want to add http://books-by-isbn.com/ to the plugin but I can't find where to add it

I've added a couple of sites in the past but can't remember how I did it. Clicking on Customize plugin, I only get an alert "doesn't need customization".

The same with the "Open in Sigil" plugin. I remember I customized it by entering the path to the Sigil executable but can't remember where I did it.

I guess my memory is not what it used to be
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:43 AM   #17
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
right-click a book entry, 'Search the internet->customize'
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #18
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
right-click a book entry, 'Search the internet->customize'
Many thanks, Perkin

That's part of the problem. I don't have "customize" as an option.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss.gif
Views:	841
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	66625  
Old 02-14-2011, 06:08 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
It is time to upgrade to the newest version of the plugin. If you believe you have upgraded then quit calibre - go to the plugins directory and rename the search_the_internet.json to search_the_internet.json.backup. Now start calibre and right click and choose customize. If all is working then delete the search_the_internet.json.backup file because it is no longer needed.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-14-2011 at 06:10 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #20
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
Many thanks, Perkin

I think you are running an old version of these plugins? That would explain the lack of customisation and why you don't have a menu. On the old versions you had to use tweaks to change your configuration, those are long since done with. Please make sure you install the latest versions on the first post of both this and the Open With thread.

If that doesn't work post back, I have some other ideas.

[EDIT] Dwanthy had the same idea while I was writing this...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:15 AM   #21
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It is time to upgrade to the newest version of the plugin. If you believe you have upgraded then quit calibre - go to the plugins directory and rename the search_the_internet.json to search_the_internet.json.backup. Now start calibre and right click and choose customize. If all is working then delete the search_the_internet.json.backup file because it is no longer needed.

Many thanks, dwanthny !

I had an older version. Installed the new one and the "Customize" option is back. BTW, way better than before where, if I remember correct, you had to enter manually the search sites.

Kudos to kiwidude !
Old 02-14-2011, 06:40 AM   #22
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I think you are running an old version of these plugins? That would explain the lack of customisation and why you don't have a menu. On the old versions you had to use tweaks to change your configuration, those are long since done with. Please make sure you install the latest versions on the first post of both this and the Open With thread.
Many thanks, kiwidude.

Upgrading to the latest version did the trick. Fantastic plugin. I've also updated "Open with...". Also fantastic.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:29 AM   #23
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Thank you!!!!! That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #24
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
I hadn't seen this one at all. Thanks, it'll be a great help.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #25
desideria
desideria began at the beginning.

Device: none
I got a strange thing: I instaled the plugin, I restarted the Calibre, done the step add to context menu, but I have the Search the internet up, not like in the first screenshot. And if I press Amazon, it send me to the page of amazon, were they sell the book, and don't download the metadata.
Here a screenshot, hope you can help me.

desideria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #26
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideria View Post
I got a strange thing: I instaled the plugin, I restarted the Calibre, done the step add to context menu, but I have the Search the internet up, not like in the first screenshot.
You missed a step when you were in the Preferences->Customize the toolbar screen. Look at the dropdown at the top right which currently says "The main toolbar". You didn't change this, which is why the plugin appears on your toolbar. If you want to put it on your context menu, you have to choose "The context menu for books in the Calibre library" from that dropdown and add it in there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desideria View Post
And if I press Amazon, it send me to the page of amazon, were they sell the book, and don't download the metadata.
This plugin isn't designed to download metadata, there are other plugins that do that. It is designed to display web pages related to the book. People often do use it to populate metadata in Calibre such as covers, descriptions etc, but that is done by manually copy/pasting or dragging from the web page to Calibre.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #27
desideria
desideria began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot, that was what I miss.
desideria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #28
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.5 Released

See the first post of this thread for the plugin zip to download it.

Changes in this release:
  • Change to use the Calibre template language engine (thanks chaley!). So rather than a growing list of variations, the likes of {author_spaced} is replaced with {author:re(\+, )} and other metadata fields are available should you require them
  • Supports a choice of HTTP GET (default) and POST for websites like FictionDB which will not work directly with a querystring.
  • Fix bug of configuration dialog showing as additional window in taskbar.
  • Change to import/export to use .zip extensions rather than .stip for ease of uploading/downloading to this forum without renaming.
  • Additional websites added to the default list of FictFact and FictionDB

Upgrade notes:

If you want the additional website links (FictFact/FictionDB) added to your plugin list you have two choices. Install the plugin from the first post, restart Calibre and then either:
  1. In the configuration dialog click the Reset to Defaults button on the right hand side. This will lose any customisations you have made to the menu but allow you to choose from the full list of sites, or...
  2. Alternatively download the attached zip file to this post, and in the configuration dialog right-click and choose Import. This will add the new menu items to your list.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NewSites_v1.5.zip (2.5 KB, 610 views)
Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #29
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
If you want the additional website links (FictFact/FictionDB) added to your plugin list you have two choices. Install the plugin from the first post, restart Calibre and then either:
When I attempt to go to FictionDB, I get this url in the address window and I don't go to the FictionDB.

Spoiler:
Code:
file:///C:/Calibre_temp/calibre_0.7.48_tmp_4xsb9p/calibre_0.7.48_jkunqt_post.html

I am using plugin version 1.5 and have restarted calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:31 AM   #30
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Do you have javascript enabled for your browser? There is a very simple onload function that will take you to the next page. What browser do you use?

Tags
book details, search the internet