Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #91
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
I started Harry Potter after the fourth book came out, simply because I hadn't heard of it before. I am so glad I didn't wait for all 7, because I would have missed much enjoyment over the years by reading, rereading, and discussing plot clues with others. I am one of those who preordered and waited, in store, for the midnight releases of 5-7.
Me too! Or rather, I started after book 3. A friend actually made me LATE for the midnight release of book 7, and I still haven't quite forgiven him for it - especially because the next day the a major plot point was spoiled for me by the morning newspaper cover. (That's Croatian newspapers for you!)
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #92
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sure I would. I've started reading excellent stories that stood well on their own because I liked the author.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 03:12 AM   #93
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
The problem with many series, is that they dont start out to be a series when the author starts the first book. When Orson Scott Card (OSC) wrote Enders Shadow a parallel novel to the full length Enders Game, he did that solely, to assist in writing the screen play to Enders Game (Still not a movie - but thats for another topic.)

Yet Enders Shadow, has subsequently turned into a series of four books, which it was not origionally planned to be.

Perversely to write the Novel Speaker for the dead, OSC had to turn the original Enders Game short story in to the full novel.

And of course the whole thing has now mutated in to the "Enderverse" books, which is made up of two series and a couple of standalones, but all related.

Last edited by mjhudston; 11-26-2010 at 03:21 AM.
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote