Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
Layne
Layne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with others

Device: Kindle
A Hello and A Thank You...

I'm finally getting around to posting an introduction after visiting MobileRead for the past couple of years. I'm sorry I've turned into a "read-only" member --I appreciate the community here so much! The help offered was invaluable when I first bought a Kindle3 a couple of years ago --and I turned again to this site when my husband surprised me with a Kindle Fire HD when it came out.

I'm a huge bookworm mom of a large family and I try to balance my computer time with other responsibilities -- and also make time to read my books! It can be a real balancing act, but I do want to make sure I properly thank all the participants here.

I recently won a gift card from Amazon for e-books in MobileRead's 10th Birthday Anniversary contest and it's been such fun to go through my Amazon wish list to try to decide which books to get! My first purchase was Daniel Silva's new book --The Fallen Angel. (One of my favorite contemporary authors.) Next, I bought a mystery called Blue Murder by Emma Jameson --the second Lord Hetheridge in a new series. I'd purchased her first one a year ago and looked forward to the release of the next, so I was thrilled to find it available. I still have a little left in my gift card balance, so I will be looking to see what to get next!

Thanks again for all the wonderful conversations and contributions here on MobileRead!
Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
Layne
Layne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with othersLayne plays well with others

Whoops...let me make this clearer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne View Post

I recently won a gift card from Amazon for e-books in MobileRead's 10th Birthday Anniversary contest and it's been such fun to go through my Amazon wish list to try to decide which books to get!
Just to clarify --I won the gift card from MobileRead, not Amazon! I didn't word that properly! Sorry about that!

Thanks again!

Layne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Layne and welcome to MobileRead. Good to finally hear from you. And, as you probably know, if you have any questions just post them and our eBook addicts, er, um, I mean enthusiasts will be quick to answer.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert