Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 01:34 AM   #826
rickhan
Enthusiast
rickhan began at the beginning.

Device: PC
I found that I could access my Windows Server 2012 on remotewebaccess based COPS through my 2nd generation Kindle browser and successfully download books. Even handled my account/password. Just had to specify index.php in the address.
Not exactly a pleasant experience, but certainly doable. I was using Kindle whispersync connection, not wifi.
rickhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #827
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesjoyce5 View Post
Thanks, fatzgenfatz. I'm not quite savvy enough to make those changes to the .conf file. The Synology is my first NAS. However, I was able to get BicBucStriim working after enabling the mssql setting. All in all it seems Synology has made some significant changes in the new DSM software without much explanation or remedy for all the things they broke.

Thanks again for assisting!
Some users reported me that simply checking the "mssql" checkbox fixed COPS without doing it the hard way like fatzgenfatz.

Could anyone test that ?
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 02:29 AM   #828
tony59
tony59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Devices with Coolreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethanaul View Post
Something else
In Calibre, you can save a search. When I use calibre2opds, I can restrict the export ("main catalog filter" field) so I can share only the public ebooks.

I like that because I don't have to create two catalogs (mine and the shared one). So, i think it could be usefull to have this option in COPS.

Tonight, I'll have an eye on the calibre db to try to understand how is stored the search and how to apply it, and peharps will I try to modify COPS
Really interested to know if you can get virtual libraries to work with COPS. Have you had any success?
tony59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #829
wacko37
wacko37 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Search function for Moon+ and FBreader

Hi All,

First post here, so i would like to thank everyone who has helped create COPS and make this brilliant tool a reality, and everyone on the forum for their questions and answers which has made the setup a breeze.

I am using COPS on my Qnap web server, and my library is in my Multimedia folder.

Everything works great, i can access my Calibre Library via chrome on my PC and android smartphone and i can search etc.

Only problem with this is i cant download to my android device. I read a post in this thread which stated that this was an known android issue, but is overcome by using an moon+ or FB reader.

So i have installed both and have added my Calibre Library catalog to both readers, which works fine. I can now download ebooks to my android device.

Which leads me to my next problem, i am unable to do a search in both e-readers.
Moon+ pro gives me an error "no peer certificate"
FB reader gives me "no books found, sorry"

I have tried changing " $config['cops_generate_invalid_opds_stream'] " but still no luck.

Am i missing something here, or is this also a known issue?

Thanks all, and keep up the good work
wacko37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #830
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@wacko37

Thanks for using COPS .

I just tested current Github version of COPS and FBReader is working fine.

Have you read https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wik...h-in-OPDS-feed ?
Did you set $config['cops_full_url'] ?
Did you try to reload your OPDS source ?

If I read you well you see the option to search but no books are returned, right ?
Advert
Old 03-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #831
wacko37

Hi vlad59,

Thanks for your reply, and most of all thanks for all your hard work in creating Calibre and COPS.

Ok i have tried re-installing the COPS web server + removed and added the OPDS source on both readers. But still no results when i search.

$config['cops_full_url'] was already setup, it was http://mydns.com/port#/feed.php

But still no results when i search,

Moon+ pro gives me an error "no peer certificate"
FB reader gives me "no books found, sorry"

Thanks
Old 03-16-2014, 01:20 AM   #832
wacko37

Sorry vlad59,

I tinkered around some more with the settings and noticed that

$config['cops_full_url'] should not have had the feed.php at the end.

Everything works great now.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2014, 05:03 AM   #833
noirbonn
noirbonn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hello,
is it possible to remov certain formats from the Cops server?
I would like to remove th button for the original_epub...
cheers
Lars
noirbonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #834
kayku
kayku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello everyone, I am new to COPS.
I just install it in my XPEnology DSM4.3
I am trying to configure the send mail part but I can't. After editing the file config_default.php with the parameters for GMail, I don't see any option to send the book by email to my kindle. what am I missing?

Thanks!
kayku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #835
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@kayku

Rename config_default.php to config_local.php.

Then try again.
Did you use the option with gmail? That works for me.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #836
kayku
kayku began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks @mariosipad but not solved.

I don't see any button to send by mail...

Reedit...
Ok, I see whats append, only EPUB, PDF, MOBI can send by mail....

Last edited by kayku; 03-17-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: error solved
kayku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #837
Lynxai
Enthusiast
Lynxai began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Hello, first post here.
I have an annoying problem: cant see the covers!
All is working ok but the thumbnails link seems broken or something. I have synology dsm 4.2 and i dont know how to fix this.

Help please.
Lynxai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:08 AM   #838
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxai View Post
Hello, first post here.
I have an annoying problem: cant see the covers!
All is working ok but the thumbnails link seems broken or something. I have synology dsm 4.2 and i dont know how to fix this.

Help please.
What browser or app are you using (so I can test for you)?

Can you see the covers from your PC/Mac with Explorer/Firefox/Safari? (I prefer Firefox of Cops).
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #839
Lynxai
Enthusiast
Lynxai began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
The Calibre server works just fine, i can see the covers with every browser (safari ipad, chrome windows 8 and safari osx leopard). But COPS doesnt show me the cover:
- In safari ipad and firefox windows 8 i can see a tiny rectangle with the word "cover" inside.
- In chrome windows 8 i see a image icon broken.

If I click on the tiny rectangle show me the message: "The image could not be loaded."
The path with the right clic mouse is http://192.168.1.132/fetch.php?height=164&id=294&db=

Thank you for your time and help.

Last edited by Lynxai; 03-20-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Lynxai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #840
vlad59
Addict

Do you have the same problem if you download a book ?

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology