Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
editing the autogenerated ToC

I use Scrivener to generate my epubs, and then edit the output in Sigil. Where there is a ToC, there is also an auto-generated ToC in the right-hand pane in Sigil. Is there any way to edit that? Scrivener puts in some odd header artifacts (like a ToC entry for the copyright statement) that I'd like to edit out.

Thanks!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I use Scrivener to generate my epubs, and then edit the output in Sigil. Where there is a ToC, there is also an auto-generated ToC in the right-hand pane in Sigil. Is there any way to edit that? Scrivener puts in some odd header artifacts (like a ToC entry for the copyright statement) that I'd like to edit out.

Thanks!
Edit the NCX file (found in the book browser), BTW the later editions of Calibre include a TOC editor
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ah, thank you.

I have problems getting calibre-generated mobis through validation. Scrivener makes for pretty clean code, though.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Depending on how much unwanted stuff is in the original TOC, I sometimes find it easier to let Sigil create a new TOC and then create a new html TOC from that. I make a copy of the original TOC first in case things don't turn out for the better (but they usually do).
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
BeccaPrice
Wizard

There's not a lot that needs to be changed, but how do you get Sigil to create a new ToC? (I'm really a duffer at this - I took one class in HTML about 2 years ago, so I can sort of read it, but only if it's not too confusing.)
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
There's not a lot that needs to be changed, but how do you get Sigil to create a new ToC?
Tools - Table of Contents - Generate Table of Contents

Sigil auto-generates all of the headings using the <h1>, <h2>, ... <h#> tags.

Here is the Sigil manual on Table of Contents:

http://web.sigil.googlecode.com/git/..._contents.html

Side Note: Wow, I never noticed the "Edit Table of Contents" button. I love it when you find new things in programs you have been using. That will be INCREDIBLY helpful for me in the future.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
There's not a lot that needs to be changed, but how do you get Sigil to create a new ToC? (I'm really a duffer at this - I took one class in HTML about 2 years ago, so I can sort of read it, but only if it's not too confusing.)
From the top menu bar, select Tools > Table of Contents > Generate Table of Contents. That will bring up a small window with all header tags <h#> and you can deselect any that you don't need from there. Select OK when done and you'll see a new TOC list in the right pane.

Then from the same place in the menu bar, select Tools > Table of Contents > Create HTML Table of Contents and it will add the new page in the left pane, title will be TOC.html.

You can also still perform any edits you might have missed after it's done.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard

You are all great fonts of wisdom!

ETA: I thing it helps if I install the latest version. (duh.)

Last edited by BeccaPrice; 06-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
You are all great fonts of wisdom!

ETA: I thing it helps if I install the latest version. (duh.)
It may help to find it in the menu but TOC generation has been in all of the Sigil versions.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It may help to find it in the menu but TOC generation has been in all of the Sigil versions.

Dale
The (many other as well) menu item has moved around a couple of times from V2 days.
Toolbars can be hidden or moved (all versions).

We tend to give instructions for the current versions since that is what we have in front of us. And we all assume that the user is right up there with us
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote