Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #1
yugami
Connoisseur
yugami began at the beginning.

Device: PRS+950
Library and Physical file

I suppose I could experiment, but i'm assuming someone here knows and my edge is busy charging/copying music from my computer. Plus this will hopefully help someone who doesn't know this either.

If I import something into the library do I still need the physical file I imported from (epub or pdf)

and same question on music - if I import music can/should I delete the files?
yugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Good question. I was wondering the same thing. I think I have a book I don't need that I can check it with. Could save on storage space, eh??

Okay. I have a book in my library that I attached an Wikipedia page to but have finished reading. I deleted it from my download file then opened it from the Library. No problem. Still there, attachment and all. Just to be sure I rebooted and file (epub) still gone from download file, book still there and complete in my Library.

Maybe I'll go through and delete a few more things from my download file. I was wondering if we need to save the download of apps, too. Might try that next.

Last edited by Filark; 05-29-2011 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Got my answer ;)
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #3
Sjarrel
The Trying Dutchman
Sjarrel began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
When you add a file to the library it makes a special copy, so you can delete the original file from your eDGe.
Sjarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
yugami
Connoisseur

Thanks to the both of you. I'll experiment with the music I copied to see if the music app uses the library or just files.

I was poking around this morning and found that the library files are under /sdcard/.edge/.esi-content (all the media files, the epubs and the mp3s and the jpgs, etc)
Old 05-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Yugami, don't add music or images to the Library as it will eat up space unnecessarily, and the Gallery and Music Player apps won't be able to find the files automatically.

Note that the Library is an enTourage app, not a standard Android app, which is why standard Android apps like Gallery and Music Player can't "see" files in the Library.

My recommendation is to only add EPUBs and PDFs to the Library (and that's only necessary, strictly, if you're annotating them).
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #6
yugami
Connoisseur

Thanks I have deleted my music from the library. I like having all my books in there as three tag interface is a nice w way to sort through things.

I moved everything to a 16g card so I have plenty of storage space. Unless you know of a netbook nicer book app