Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 11:19 PM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I did try this, and the Series information wasn't there when I reloaded the saved epubs. But is there any advantage to saving the separate OPF and Covers?

I'm kind of antsy about storing them as separate files, instead of one complete file. I move things around a lot, and don't want parts to get lost.
When you do your conversion the cover and whatever metadata that is permitted in the epub is placed in the epub. These options do not separate anything from the epub. It does give you the clean cover from the database which in my case is larger then what ends up in the book. The OPF file gives you complete metadata from calibre including, I believe, any custom column information.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote