Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #106
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by imakai View Post

Thanks a lot! I am expectiong more updated one. It cannot work in case of zip with Korean file name.
can you provide me the file for testing?
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #107
Arhu
Arhu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Awesome tool, thanks a lot ciromattia! I'm using a Kindle Paperwhite. Allow me to add my humble wish:

Could you please add an option to add black instead of white borders in case the image's aspect ratio is different from the Kindle's?

Black borders already worked wonders for custom screensavers (e.g. show current book cover when Kindle is off).
Arhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #108
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Added in todo list, should be quite trivial so stay tuned
Old 02-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #109
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Here you are, 2.5 with black borders and a minor bugfix

Sources and binaries are you-know-where!
Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #110
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
So I put this idea on hold for a few and just got back around to trying to get it to work. I've tried going to the KCC link and I really just can't make any sense out of what I'm seeing on that site. I feel like a total dolt. I've read through this thread and other's on the topic and I've got to be missing something. I dl'd the zip file for win 64 bit version 2.4. I figured better to see if i could work with a slightly older version than to not have it work at all. But that one gave me an error02 or something like that and didn't do anything. I can provide more info on the error if you like but as there's a 2.5 version now that seems rather silly. Anyway, I would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction on figuring out how to get this to work for me. Thanks.
centhena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #111
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

I miss what kind of errors do you have with latest version
Download the 2.5 win package from here, then download kindlegen (from here) and copy kindlegen.exe into C:\WINDOWS.
Unpack the zip and launch the kcc.exe you find into, and proceed like GUI suggest: you should be ok!

PS: if you have CBRs you should also install unrar.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:01 PM   #112
centhena
Enthusiast
centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.centhena can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

*dances* YAY! I finally got it to work! Thanks for the links that's exactly what I needed.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #113
centhena
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
the "Personal" banner is applied to documents that do not have an ASIN recognized by Amazon. Calibre can add a fictitious one, but I've yet to discover how it does. Planned for future version.
Any luck with this yet? I got all the comics to work which makes me super happy. I tried loading the new mobi's into Calibur and reconverting them to remove the personal banner, which works, but then I loose the panel view option on my paperwhite. The comics I'm using require panel view as the text is super tiny, so I've had to scrap that idea. If it doesn't seem like it will be possible to incorporate into KCC does anyone have any other work arounds to remove the personal banner but keep panel view?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:51 PM   #114
Arhu
Arhu began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
Here you are, 2.5 with black borders and a minor bugfix
Excellent -- looks great! Thanks!

I did some testing with directory based conversion. A couple of things:

1. Would it be possible to have an option for landscape images to rotate by 90° instead of being split (for devices in portrait mode)?

2. I tried converting a manga with 103 directories and ~25 images in each directory. Got an error message near the end. Worked fine when I split it in two halves.

3. Directory- and file names seem to be sorted alphabetically before they are put into the epub file. This doesn't always work, because often directories or files are named like this:

1.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
2.jpg
20.jpg

or manga-1.jpg, manga-10.jpg, ...

Of course they'd end up in the wrong order. Would be nice if those could be sorted by numerical value instead. CDisplay/CDisplayEX does it like that I believe.
Arhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #115
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

I'll look to add the options and the other reports, thanks!
Feel free to add directly all the bugreports and wanted features in the Issues tab of github, anyway, it's an opensource project so let's keep it alive!

(I just added yours as new issues )
Old 02-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #116
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Quote:
Originally Posted by centhena View Post
Any luck with this yet? I got all the comics to work which makes me super happy. I tried loading the new mobi's into Calibur and reconverting them to remove the personal banner, which works, but then I loose the panel view option on my paperwhite. The comics I'm using require panel view as the text is super tiny, so I've had to scrap that idea. If it doesn't seem like it will be possible to incorporate into KCC does anyone have any other work arounds to remove the personal banner but keep panel view?
I did some unsuccessful work, I've yet to look into calibre's code and I'm not sure that kindlegen gladly takes any ASIN, but I'm going to look further!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #117
centhena
Enthusiast

Perhaps the solution isn't to get your program to do it but perhaps for Calibur to be able to "re-convert" without loosing the panel view?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #118
ciromattia
KCC Co-author

Calibre does not use kindlegen for mobi packing, and I'm suspecting that its code cannot handle - yet - Panel View.
I'll try to contact Kovid and see what can be done!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #119
Morisato
Morisato began at the beginning.

Sad :(

Unfortunately, it appears the links no longer work? At least the dropbox link for "KindleComicConverter_win-amd64_2.5.zip" doesn't. :\ Was looking forward to using this, as I just received a Kindle Paperwhite. Look forward to hearing from anyone with new working links!

Btw, I did do a quick google to see if there were alternative links to no avail. Still linked to the dropbox, and it's 404'd.
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #120
Morisato
Morisato began at the beginning.

If no one has a working link, could you help me run the script? :3 I've never run one before. I have a windows machine, and have no idea to go about using this specific script :P
Morisato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comics, k5 tools, kindle tools, manga, paperwhite