Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #1
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Talk to me about Jeff Noon

Has anyone read any of his works? What do we think of him?

I've always been interested in his works and they're not exactly pricey although not all of them are out in e-book yet.

Just curious to see who has encountered and enjoyed/not enjoyed this author.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've honestly never heard of him. What sort of books does he write?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
The ones I've read (Vurt, Automated Alice and Pollen) were cyberpunk with a trippy fantasy-like feel. It was years ago but I thoroughly enjoyed them. Thanks for the reminder of this author - they're now on my ebook wishlist!

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I read Vurt, and maybe one or two others. I really liked them at the time, but I'm not sure they'd still appeal to me now.

I believe he had a long break from writing, but is back now. (I'm not sure why I believe this, and I'm not going to check. )
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wanted to start with Vurt, but it's not out on ebook yet. Maybe I should look at one of his standalones or his short story collection.

I like cyberpunk mostly, but sometimes authors get so trippy that I can't really follow the story properly anymore.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #6
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
They appear to be available at amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vurt-ebook/dp/B009W2HKXM/

Are they not available in Australia then?

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 AM   #7
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
They appear to be available at amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vurt-ebook/dp/B009W2HKXM/

Are they not available in Australia then?

Andrew
No - it's available. I'm obviously just an idiot.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:51 PM   #8
merrygoblin
merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.merrygoblin for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-650, HTC Desire
Lightbulb

Sorry to necromancer (or should that be neuromancer*...? ) this thread, but thought any roleplayers on here might like to know there's an RPG of Vurt on Kickstarter now - using MCG's Cypher system. If you've played Numenera or The Strange you'll know the game system.

It's already funded, but any Vurt fans on here also into RPGs might want to check it out. It's at
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...leplaying-game

Oh, and all the Vurt books - and others of Jeff Noons - are out in ebook now. I picked them up for my ereader recently, though I could only find Automated Alice on Amazon (which I then liberated to my Sony reader). I'll admit I kind of lost track of them all those years ago after Pollen, but I'm reading the newer ones now as this KS runs.

* Yes, I know someone else wrote Neuromancer.
merrygoblin is offline   Reply With Quote