Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #1
kycrout
kycrout began at the beginning.

Device: COOL-ER
New user .. dumb question!

Sorry just bought it, and for the life of me cannot figure out the following two aspects

1) So Im reading the book, and I want to switch off - sometimes it remembers which page I was on sometimes it does not - Must I do something before turning it off?

2) I was reading a book, and pressed the menu button (second up from the bottom) this takes me to the folders - HOW can I get back to the book and page I was last on?

Many thanks

kycrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hello, kycrout

Do you have an Interead COOL-ER or the Sony 505 (listed under your username)?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 03:42 AM   #3
kycrout

Hi dreams

Thanks for the reply - I have the cool-er (use to have the prs-505 - off to change my profile)

Sorry for the confusion - The questions are regarding the cool-er

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
kycrout, thanks for clearing that up. I have the 505 and no knowledge about the COOL-ER.

In order to find an answer for you on something I don't know about, I would just start reading threads in this sections looking for information. I would do a search using your key words in the 2 problems, but mainly, I would just start reading the threads. Sometimes information is inside a thread about a problem that is not the same as what the thread started out as..

Did that makes sense?

Maybe someone with a COOL-ER will see this and offer advice before you read all the threads.

Good luck and I hope you find an answer.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
kycrout

thanks dreams ... experimenting at the moment to figure this device out ...

Surprisingly a sturdy little beast! Much better page turn that prs-505 BUT the apple style buttons are had to press.
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 03:41 AM   #6
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycrout View Post
Sorry just bought it, and for the life of me cannot figure out the following two aspects

1) So Im reading the book, and I want to switch off - sometimes it remembers which page I was on sometimes it does not - Must I do something before turning it off?
This one depends on the version of the firmware that you're running.

I've seen the following occur:
If two or more 'real' pages span across a single eink/screen-sized page, it stores the number of the first 'real' page.
e.g.
page1 | page 1 of ebook
page2 |
------------------
page2 | page 2 of ebook
page3 |

When the device turns on and realises you were on page 2 of the actual book, it puts you at the start of page 2, which in this case is page 1 of the ebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycrout View Post
2) I was reading a book, and pressed the menu button (second up from the bottom) this takes me to the folders - HOW can I get back to the book and page I was last on?
Pressing the menu button dumps you back into the library menu. It only stores which folder you were last in while the device stays powered on. As soon as you power cycle it, it forgets were you were in the library.
Unfortunately you have to navigate back through manually, but at least it'll still remember the page you were on (for the most part).
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #7
kycrout

Thanks for the response! Glad to see I was not being a total idiot - Since posting I have noticed the behaviour you described in the first part!