Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Skinit skins for kindle 2

http://www.skinit.com/skins.php
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Not bad..do you have any experience with these?
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
No I havent, but Ive heard that they are real sticky and can be hard to take off the kindle.
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I just bought 2 skins for decal girl. Now I want the Wyland skin from Skinit (it matches my license plate). Again I say, my Kindle will be better dressed than me.

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
My experience is decalgirl is cheaper and also better. They use a thinner adhesive which is easy to take off and doesn't bubble. Skinit skins I have found to be too thick which causes bubbling. I looked at the create your own template for the kindle 2 on skinit and it looks like they are leaving off the page turn buttons from the skin. That will look bad. Decalgirl doesn't do that. Also I guess decalgirl said in a week or so you will be able to create your own design at there site.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I have purchased skins from skinit (for my laptop), and from decalgirl (for my kindle http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,19102.htm). I recommend decalgirl. Installation was easier for decalgirl, as there was virtually no bubbling. The material was just easier to work with.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Agree with demoric, the skins from decalgirl are definitely easier to apply.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
Libby Cone
scribbler
Libby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
custom skin

I just received my Kindle 2 a few weeks ago. The metal on the back freezes my hand, so as soon as custom skins were available on Skinit, I bought them. I'm not kicking myself over the availablility of decalgirl; I'm perfectly satisfied with Skinit (though if decalgirl is cheaper, I'll try it next time). I also finally made the tote bag. I used Filatura di Crosa 127 Print yarn in red plus a strand of Lion Brand Wool-Stainless Steel. I'm pretty happy with the result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindlefront.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	182.7 KB
ID:	26056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindleback.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	26057   Click image for larger version

Name:	totebag.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	26059  

Last edited by Libby Cone; 03-20-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: wrong photo
Libby Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

I like some of the items they have, looks good. I've been going through Decalgirl so far and I've been quite happy with them. Good prices, quick response time, fast shipping, etc.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #10
srmalloy
Enthusiast
srmalloy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisreed View Post
My experience is decalgirl is cheaper and also better. They use a thinner adhesive which is easy to take off and doesn't bubble. Skinit skins I have found to be too thick which causes bubbling. I looked at the create your own template for the kindle 2 on skinit and it looks like they are leaving off the page turn buttons from the skin. That will look bad. Decalgirl doesn't do that. Also I guess decalgirl said in a week or so you will be able to create your own design at there site.
It isn't up in their forums yet, but I when I emailed them about custom skins, I got a reply from their customer-service sending me a 3550x2650 PSD template for Kindle 2 custom skins, and returned this design to them:

I got back a price quote of $20 plus $7 USPS Priority Mail shipping, and placed my order last night.
srmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #11
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I haven't tried either, but in theory I like the DecalGirl skins better because they cover the buttons. My biggest concern with the white color of the Kindle itself is that it will collect dirt-n-grime, especially on the buttons, so a skin with button covers makes the most sense to me.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #12
Suzy Kindlefan
Suzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enoughSuzy Kindlefan will become famous soon enough

Hi, I saw this forum and thought I would add my 2 cents:

I bought my skin from www.videogame-skins.com, I love it! All the buttons are covered and it was easy to put on. No bubbles.
Suzy Kindlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:24 PM   #13
penders627
penders627 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
The war 3 game skins are really cool! The vinyl skin is easy to install and
remove and doesn't leave any sickness behind and also protect it from little scratches.

amazon kindle 2 skins
penders627 is offline   Reply With Quote