Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-11-2009, 03:45 AM   #1
humanehero
humanehero began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Can send to SD card, but not Device

I have the PRS-500, and when I connect the device, I can send books to the SD card inside, but not the device itself. I had the sony software installed before, but I removed it and replaced the driver as well. Whenever I try to send a book to the device, this is the error message that comes up:

Job: **Upload 1 books to deviceeeper Meaning of Life**
**PathError**: Could not create file /Data/media/books/Deeper_Meaning_of_Life_-_Douglas_Adams_573.lrf. Response code: 0xffffffd7L
**Traceback**:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 20, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.pyo", line 141, in _upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 159, in run_session
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 869, in upload_books
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 688, in put_file
File "calibre\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 654, in touch
PathError: Could not create file /Data/media/books/Deeper_Meaning_of_Life_-_Douglas_Adams_573.lrf. Response code: 0xffffffd7L

The book information is different in each error of course, but everything else is the same. Please help. I don't mind terribly much because I can send them to the SD card, but the 500 doesn't support collections on external memory so it makes things a hassle.
humanehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I had a similar problem when I was trying to send books to the internal memory so that I could have collections.. Kovid said that the error code indicated a missing directory.

I was told to try the following commands
Code:
prs500 mkdir /Data/media
prs500 mkdir /Data/media/books
and if I remember correctly I got an error for the first one saying the directory already existed, but the second one worked. Ever since then I have been able to send books to the internal memory without problems.

Other options such as ls within the prs500 command allow you to list existing files and folders.

The commands need to be run from a command/terminal window. Note that Calibre must not be running when you try this as it would already ahve grabbed the reader
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
humanehero
humanehero began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thanks! This worked perfectly.
humanehero is offline   Reply With Quote