Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
What are DR1000 friendly pdf attributes, if there are any?

Dear all,
I had a problem with a particular pdf which I've expressed in another thread. I found another pdf file with the same exact content, created by someone else. This one works like a dream.
I have encountered similar problems before, some pdfs causing problems. Has anyone identified a list of attributes that lead to dr1000 friendly outcomes? I'd love to hear from you.

Kind regards
Seref
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #2
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
PDFs are a pain because the format is so variable that it allows for a lot of abuse.

You are in a good position to answer your own question since you have both a bad and a good version of the same document. Try to compare them, filesize-wise of course, and also by looking at the more advanced information (in Acrobat maybe) like which application was used to create either etc.

I would be interested to learn more about this myself.

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 12-28-2008 at 03:50 PM.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #3
sarikan
Zealot
sarikan began at the beginning.

Device: none
will try to do that in a couple of days, actually I do not have a lot of information about pdf I'll get my hands on a computer with acrobat (hopefully in a couple of days)
sarikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
kleykenb
Groupie
kleykenb has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1kS/Cy3
If I understand correctly it should be possible to print documents litterally to the irex DR1000. Does that solve the problem with the "bad" pdf ?
I'm curious because I am thinking of buying one of these devices and would hate it if I find that some pdf's can not be read.
kleykenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
harryE123
Banned
harryE123 is on a distinguished road

Device: irex reader
shouldnd IREX seeing as pdf is their main format at the moment, shouldn't they be issuing "best practise" advice or guidelines for formatting pds so as to make them as compatible and compliant with their reader's
harryE123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert