Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
tetrachroma
tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
FileOpen Plugin DRM for PDF circumvented

More information on my blog

[Link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-04-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy NotePro 12.2, InkBook
Thank you! Finally I'll be able to *buy* and read some stuff that was unusable for me before.
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
EpS
EpS began at the beginning.

Used ineptpdf8.4.48 for PDF-file with Adobe LiveCycle Policy (Adobe.APS[adbe.pdrl.v0]) 128-bit security v.4 protection without password or key file input. Got the error: Cannot find principal key for this pdf. Does anyone know the solution?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
tetrachroma
tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tetrachroma has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

You need a principalkey for every publisher (which you can sniff out of the network connection). Check out the information in the comments on my blog.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
globus999
globus999 began at the beginning.

Device: ePAD
Sniffer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrachroma View Post
You need a principalkey for every publisher (which you can sniff out of the network connection). Check out the information in the comments on my blog.
Hi,
As I am not a person with a medium (or a low) know-how with regards to Apache, I am stuck without a principal key. However, what I can do is to run a sniffer such a WireShark. Using this method, would I be able to pick-up the PrincipalKey from the logs? Or will the key be encrypted itself? I am asking since I have dawsonera books but no key … ;-/ Thank you kindly.
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
Lost1
Lost1 began at the beginning.

Yesterday I've successfully decrypted several PDFs encrypted with Policy Server.
I obtained the PDFs from our online library.
First ineptkey couldn't find the key, but after installing ADE ineptkey automatically found one although ADE couldn't load the PDFs.
Today I wanted to decrypt other PDFs from the same online library, but it doesn't work anymore. I get the message "Offlinekey cannot be decrypted".
I'll try to sniff the PrincipalKey with Wireshark. Maybe I can find it.
Thanks for your scripts!
They worked great yesterday for me!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
tetrachroma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost1 View Post
Yesterday I've successfully decrypted several PDFs encrypted with Policy Server.
First ineptkey couldn't find the key, but after installing ADE ineptkey automatically found one although ADE couldn't load the PDFs.
Today I wanted to decrypt other PDFs from the same online library, but it doesn't work anymore. I get the message "Offlinekey cannot be decrypted".
Thanks for your scripts!
Wireshark won't work (connection is encrypted). You have to setup an Apache + PHP Linux server as described in the blog's comments.

Anyway I suspect they haven't changed the PrincipalKey, just increased the MinorKeyRevision so that the PrincipalKey has to be transformed with the MKRevision (in a not yet known way).
Old 12-25-2010, 06:05 AM   #8
Lost1

I was afraid it won't work.
Tried it anyway. Unsuccessful as you said ;-)
Maybe I'll try to setup an apache server.
Thank you!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
Lost1

The new version is working again!
Thank you!

PDF XChange Viewer is complaining though that the document is broken:

Didn't find any problems yet. Just resaved the document and the document is fine.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 AM   #10
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost1 View Post
Thanks for your scripts!
They updated the key

Exchange to the recent key in the script as described by Neisklar and Tetrachroma in

http://www.boerse.bz/boerse/dokument...ml#post3804604
Old 12-31-2010, 10:50 AM   #11
Lost1

Thank you joblack!
I'm also following the thread there. Didn't test it yet, 'cause I have no new ebooks.
I wish everyone a happy new year!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:10 AM   #12
MATRIX5000
MATRIX5000 began at the beginning.

Device: Ssss
Helo
I used ineptpdf 8.4.50 to Decrypt file pdf. File was incomplete, missing a few pages. How this repair.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATRIX5000 View Post
Helo
I used ineptpdf 8.4.50 to Decrypt file pdf. File was incomplete, missing a few pages. How this repair.
This is a well known pdf parser problem. No immediate solution is available and as Tetrachroma (and others) explained a pdf format expert is probably needed to solve the problem.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #14
knhoj18
knhoj18 began at the beginning.

Hey, I’m having trouble. I have the 8.4.48, but I keep getting the "Pywin extention (win32API module) needed" error. I’ve already downloaded the Pywin32-214 stuff, but I’m not sure how to install it. I click on the setup icon in the Pywin 32-214 subfolders and something pops up like MSDOS but then disappears real quick. I’m sort of a rookie and hoping someone can guide me in the right direction. How do you install the Win32 stuff?

procedures i did = Phyton 2.7 installed > Pycrypto 2.1.win32-py2.7 installed > Pywin32-214 downloaded and extracted.

I hope you could help me on this thank you in advance!
Old 02-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
orange99
orange99 began at the beginning.

Hello. I am using 8.4.51 to try to remove DRM from a FileOpen pdf. I am simply getting:

Error: 'Error'

Enabling debug, in the debug file I see what looks like a bunch of variables and their values. Then a long settings url. Then Settings and Retval=answer. Then a 1st url and then a 1st preresult. I don't know if there is supposed to be more info or not. Anything I can do to troubleshoot some more?
Closed Thread

Tags
fileopen pdf drm inept