Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
MikeGolf
Connoisseur
MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.MikeGolf can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire
Amazon strikes back with 10 cent apps

The android market has 10 cent apps in honor of their market. Not to be outdone, amazon has marked the price of any application that they sell for a similar price. If you don't have tettis, it's a good time to pick it up. I also picked up space physics and a knockdown can game.
MikeGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:12 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the heads up. Is there any way to find the 10 cent apps?
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Is there any way to find the 10 cent apps?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...=0.10&x=17&y=7
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
markkenzy
Enthusiast
markkenzy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook simple touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
whats...? Just 4 apps
markkenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Ah thanks. I didn't think about doing a web search, was trying to do it through the app store.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkenzy View Post
whats...? Just 4 apps
It changes daily so go to this link each day then search at Amazon for the apps it carries.

Amazon is price matching just like they do with B&N ebooks.

I picked up Tetris as well. I had the trial on my phone for so long it nice to have the full version.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have multiple tablets. When I get Tetris, do I have to purchase it each time for a specific tablet?
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #8
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I have multiple tablets. When I get Tetris, do I have to purchase it each time for a specific tablet?
All the apps I buy or download are available for both my phone and my Kindle Fire. I think you need to have the Amazon app store on each device, and all of them registered to the same account.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not if it's through Amazon App Store. They let you install on all your devices you just need their app installed and be logged into the same account.

I read the Android Market is a bit different. It's tied to your Google account which is why I preferred to purchase through Amazon so hubby can enjoy them too. Some Market apps can be sideloaded that are paid but some use a DRM so it's hard to know which is which.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks folks. I went to the Amazon app on the KF first and purchased, downloaded and installed it. Then I just went to the appstore that was also installed on the other devices I owned and downloaded and installed on each of those as well. I guess I wouldn't have been too upset if I had to repurchase for the cheap price but once you own it on your amazon account then I should have known it is yours throughout devices when the appstore is installed.

Is there no end to this madness?

Gotta find what other .10 apps I want!
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Thanks folks. I went to the Amazon app on the KF first and purchased, downloaded and installed it. Then I just went to the appstore that was also installed on the other devices I owned and downloaded and installed on each of those as well. I guess I wouldn't have been too upset if I had to repurchase for the cheap price again but once you own it on your amazon account then I should have known it is yours throughout.

Is there no end to this madness?

Gotta find what other .10 apps I want!
None of today's appeal to me. Maybe tomorrow's will be better.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 PM   #12
carld
Wizard

I just picked up Farm Frenzy for 10¢ (is that a cents sign or something else?). They also added a baseball app, and a music app today.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I just picked up Farm Frenzy for 10¢ (is that a cents sign or something else?). They also added a baseball app, and a music app today.
Former giveaways by Amazon so I own them already. Didn't like either one.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-09-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #14
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Forming giveaways by Amazon so I own them already. Didn't like either one.
Yeah, those two didn't interest me either, but the farming game looking like it was worth a try.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Yeah, those two didn't interest me either, but the farming game looking like it was worth a try.
It was another farming game I had. I just picked up Farm Frenzy as well. Hubby loves these type games. Spent over $200 on Farmtown app at Facebook. He no longer plays it though he got bored by it. *sigh*