Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-20-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
aegeus
Enthusiast
aegeus began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader 5
New LBook Firmware - v5setup-20100520-bigfiles.zip

Hi all,

I have realised that there's a new firmware for LBook on http://files.mail.ru/TJ8JFM

The file name is v5setup-20100520-bigfiles.zip I am just downloading it at the meantime; you can find an online translation of the firmware discussion page here:

As always, try and use it for your own risk.

Regards.
aegeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #2
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: PW1 + PW2, NOOK HD
I am a big fan of the Buggins firmware and have used it almost exclusively but this latest version has a bug in it, my Windows 7 64 bit PC no longer detects the connected reader, never had that problem before. The reader says it is connected but the PC cannot see it (not in Computer Management either). This is not too much of a problem for me since I use my SD card for the book transfer anyhow. And I previously was able to change the system display font (for the menus) to any of the fonts I am able to use with my fb2 books but now I only have the standard 1 page of fonts available. All my other fonts located in a fonts folder at the root of the HD (works at the root of the SD as well) are available. All other aspects of the new firmware seem fine as well, so I am not sure what changed in this version.

Oh, and I tried connecting to a PC with Windows Vista 32 bit as well and that failed too.

PS: The display of the menu problem is solved by returning the fonts folder back to the SD card...
booknut

Last edited by booknut; 05-20-2010 at 12:44 PM. Reason: addendum
booknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut View Post
All other aspects of the new firmware seem fine as well, so I am not sure what changed in this version.
The main thing that changed is that the opening of very large files is now supposed to be successful. That has been the primary focus of this development so far from what I understand. I believe the cache system was necessary for that, but the rapid reopening of previously opened book files was a side effect of using the cache. I think that I also remember him mentioning that he has started using the new Linux kernel from Jinke in some of the builds.
There are still some bugs that have already been reported. That includes the difficulty with Win7, but I thought that was for the V3 and not the V5? There is also a problem on the V3 where the Adobe reader is not working, but that should also be fixed soon.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
booknut
Zealot
booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'booknut understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

I reverted back to the v5setup-2b0100513-bigfiles.zip version I used previously to double-check and can confirm that I was able to connect to Win 7 64 bit again - and since the firmware has the "bigfiles" name, files do open faster the second time around.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I am a big fan of the Buggins firmware and have used it almost exclusively but this latest version has a bug in it, my Windows 7 64 bit PC no longer detects the connected reader, never had that problem before. The reader says it is connected but the PC cannot see it (not in Computer Management either). This is not too much of a problem for me since I use my SD card for the book transfer anyhow. And I previously was able to change the system display font (for the menus) to any of the fonts I am able to use with my fb2 books but now I only have the standard 1 page of fonts available. All my other fonts located in a fonts folder at the root of the HD (works at the root of the SD as well) are available. All other aspects of the new firmware seem fine as well, so I am not sure what changed in this version.

Oh, and I tried connecting to a PC with Windows Vista 32 bit as well and that failed too.

PS: The display of the menu problem is solved by returning the fonts folder back to the SD card...
booknut

Not limited to Win 64 bit
Win XP Pro failed
Restored to earlier version

I also note that I lose the Recent Read entries
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 05:49 PM   #6
booknut
Zealot

Odd, I have no problems with the Recently Read list. Seems like this firmware update is different for everyone.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Odd, I have no problems with the Recently Read list. Seems like this firmware update is different for everyone.
New Items work, older items are gone from the list. I used to see this when I switched between Astak and Lbook, but not on an upgrade of Lbook (nor an Astak upgrade)
Old 05-21-2010, 11:30 PM   #8
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
have you tried using crengine\Fonts
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
booknut
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I did and neither the bookshelf menu nor any of my books were able to access the fonts located in there - I tried the crengine/fonts directory on the internal memory as well as the SD card. That's really not much of a problem, I just put the font directory back onto the SD card. To try out other variations, however, I would have to revert to a firmware prior to v5setup-2b0100520-bigfiles.zip because none of my PCs detect the reader but I like this version because it is so much faster for me than even just the one before it, the v5setup-2b0100513-bigfiles.zip - why? I have no clue. Maybe it cleaned up some old stuff when I flashed the reader the last time....
Old 05-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I do not read from an SD card, but all my fonts are available when I put them on /fonts in the internal memory. I have my INI and CSS files in /crengine.

Last edited by Dave_S; 05-22-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: TYPO
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
cultureulterior
cultureulterior began at the beginning.

Device: Astak
I just installed this, but I don't see how you delete books?
cultureulterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by cultureulterior View Post
I just installed this, but I don't see how you delete books?
in the book or folder view list (NOT Recently read):
a long press of the item number brings up a menu to do things. 3 is delete.

Warning: you CAN delete a lot of books if you do this at a (wrong?) folder level
Old 05-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #13
cultureulterior
cultureulterior began at the beginning.

Device: Astak
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
in the book or folder view list (NOT Recently read):
a long press of the item number brings up a menu to do things. 3 is delete.
Thank you, that worked wonderfully.

Also much thanks to aegeus for posting this thread- lbook firmware is so much better!
cultureulterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:30 AM   #14
Semp
Enthusiast
Semp doesn't litterSemp doesn't litter

Device: EZReader packet pro
Quote:
All my other fonts located in a fonts folder at the root of the HD (works at the root of the SD as well) are available.
What address is for internal memory I know for SD card (src: url(res:///abook/fonts/xxx.ttf)
But can not find for internal memory
Semp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #15
booknut
Zealot

New firmware at http://files.mail.ru/W2XCYS or at

http://content5.files.mail.ru/W2XCYS...63309d646790d0

called v5setup-cr3-20100528.zip. I know nothing about this version, just popped up today, supplied by Buggins, use at your own risk. I think the connection problem may have been fixed, I'll report on that later.

Okay, it's later and the update went fine, but I now have an empty screen, so folks be careful with this upgrade....

Last edited by booknut; 05-28-2010 at 11:28 AM.