Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Have To Show Off My New Cover...

... and brag on my sister.

I bought the white Irex [stock] cover. And - I really like it, mainly because it's designed to go with the DR800. You don't have to have straps to hold the device in, there are pegs in the cover that go into pre-set holes. Good job, there.

And, it's not as bulky as the M-Edge covers. Granted, I've never seen/used the cover for the DR800, but I had one when I had my Sony PRS600 (the one with the light) and that thing was huge.

The stock Irex cover is sturdy and I am confident it will protect my reader. In fact, I know it will as my reader travels in my book bag whilst I go back and forth to college classes.

The loop for the stylus is too big for the stock (well, USA stock) stylus, but it should be easy to make the opening smaller with a bit of stitching. I bought the bigger stylus anyway, mainly because the little USA stock one was so uncomfortable to hold/use.

So - overall, this is a great cover that I think is truly worth the price I paid (including shipping from ... the Netherlands, if I remember correctly).

But, it's white. Seriously, Irex, WHITE?

So, I asked my sister for a favor and the attached pictures show what she came up with. So much better!! It only took about an hour - although it probably would have been quicker if she didn't keep get interrupted because it was her turn to bowl [on the Wii]. It's comfortable to hold and doesn't bulk up the book too much - and folds back nicely.

Like I said, the stock cover is great. And, thanks to my sister - it looks even better! Thanks, sis!

Marilyn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Closed.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	49536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Open.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	49537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Open & On.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	49538  
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I assume she basically just made a jacket for it? That's a great idea.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Interesting. Book covers for an e-reader. I use to make book covers with the large brown paper bags from the supermarket. Sturdy and I could doodle on the cover. I wonder if anyone has tried making a paper-only e-reader cover with stiff cardboard or plastic for the cover lining...
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
I use to make book covers with the large brown paper bags from the supermarket.
You too?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Me too!
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I did the same!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote