Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #751
Jack Schmidling
Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Schmidling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
Try Colordict see if that is better.
I tried to download it but was told "incompatible with BN Nook.

Also, it does not show up in PlayStore on the Nook but it is there if I go to Playstore on a laptop.

I could swear that Colordict was in the Nook and I didtched it because it did the same thing they all do. Which is, just open the web instead of a dictionary.

I am contemplating buying a Galaxy Tab to see if it works any better than the Nook N2A which I am pretty happy with in general.

js

Last edited by Jack Schmidling; 02-02-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Jack Schmidling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #752
xterminus
xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: xterminus
coolreader page-turn animations

Sorry if this was covered earlier, but I have a Sony Ebook Reader (PRS-T1), and I recently upgraded to the newest version of CoolReader.

I'd been running cr3-0-45-07 which worked fine. Now running cr3-3.1.2-27.

I noticed the interface has changed a bit (which is fine), but page-turning has this animation which takes ages to perform. Is there a way to disable the page-turning animation completely? I don't see an option in the settings to disable it. Am I missing it or this hard-coded into the software?

Thanks!
xterminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #753
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by xterminus View Post
Is there a way to disable the page-turning animation completely?
YES, there is a page turning animation setting in the setup section defining page characteristics, and it is actually titled "Page animation".

The "Page animation" setting can be set to "No animation", "Slide", Slide(2 pages), or "Paperback". I believe that the default is "Paperback".
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #754
xterminus
xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xterminus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
YES, there is a page turning animation setting in the setup section defining page characteristics, and it is actually titled "Page animation".

The "Page animation" setting can be set to "No animation", "Slide", Slide(2 pages), or "Paperback". I believe that the default is "Paperback".
Couldn't find any options for page animation in cr3-3.1.2-27, downgraded to cr3-0-45-07 and the option was where you described it (and obvious). Is this a feature that's been removed from newer builds?

I kinda liked 3.1.2 as it supported the back/forward keys on my reader where 3.0.45 didn't.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #755
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Couldn't find any options for page animation in cr3-3.1.2-27
That is really really odd!!! The "Page animation" control option is definitely in my cr3-3.1.2-27 on both my Nexus 7 AND my HTC Sensation. I just rechecked to make sure.
Advert
Old 02-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #756
xterminus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
That is really really odd!!! The "Page animation" control option is definitely in my cr3-3.1.2-27 on both my Nexus 7 AND my HTC Sensation. I just rechecked to make sure.
I wonder if the option's disabled on e-ink readers or somesuchthing. The animation is really slow on an eink display.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #757
Dave_S
What Title ?

Quote:
I wonder if the option's disabled on e-ink readers or somesuchthing. The animation is really slow on an eink display.
I can see why Buggins would disable the option on e-ink displays, because animation is not really appropriate for e-ink. BUT, with the option disabled the action should be NO animation instead of forced animation. I think that maybe Buggins might have overlooked something like that in recent versions, so hopefully he will see this thread and get it fixed very soon!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #758
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Try this go to .cr3 folder on your sony open the cr3,ini file see if this option is 0

crengine.page.animation=0

if it isnt 0 then change it to 0 if the option is not their just add the line. I have it on my nooktouch despite the fact that I cant see the option in coolreader on it. It is there on my phone though.
Or you can just delete the .cr3 folder to reset the settings for coolreader

Last edited by Dopedangel; 02-03-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #759
abetest
abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the great program but I seem to have encounter a problem with it on epub format - I can't see the table of content. On the TOC screen all I get is a blank screen with nothing on it. I tried opening in other programs like aldiko and it does appear.

I use a program call fanfic downloader and it uses calibre to convert the html format to epub.

Thanks.
abetest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #760
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
It does support toc try other epubs check if the epub has TOC in calibre or not if it doesn't that mean the toc isn't really there and aldiko is generating itself
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:25 AM   #761
abetest
abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abetest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On my computer I use calibre default ebook viewer and the toc does appear there. I've also open up the file with winrar and there is a toc.ncx file inside.

In addition to aldiko, I've now installed moon+, fbreader, epub reader for android and zo reader - the toc appears in all of them.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #762
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Run a test on the epub file, maybe there's some problem with the ncx file that cr is not able to handle, but other readers can. There are online epub validators on the net, or there's epubcheck for desktops.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #763
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMole View Post
Run a test on the epub file, maybe there's some problem with the ncx file that cr is not able to handle, but other readers can. There are online epub validators on the net, or there's epubcheck for desktops.
I've had problems peculiar to CoolReader in the past. In each case it had to do with first line in the stylesheet similar to this:

@namespace h "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";

You might check to see if this could be it. CoolReader was the only reader that I know of that had a problem with that line of code. I removed that line of code and all was right with the world.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:16 PM   #764
abetest

The epub checker gave a error on the split_000.html file [element "xxx" from namespace "xxx" not allowed in this context] but that shouldn't have affected the toc since the split_000.html file is the first page and it's a summary of the story with nothing else.

I deleted http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml but the toc still didn't appear.

Thanks for the advice guys but for now I'll just use the other app that I can see the toc in.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #765
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Does "Go To %" work for anybody?

The only way I can get "Go To %" to work is if there is no decimal point present. I can enter any two digit number and it will go there. But enter something like 23.6 or 58.2 or any number with a decimal in it and nothing happens.

This problem has been around for a long time. If I'm not entering the number correctly, I hope somebody will let me know.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader