Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"No" not showing in Book Details

I have added a Yes/No column, but if the value is No it doesn't show up in the Book Details Panel

Yes/No columns can have one of three values Yes, No and Undefined.
For my purposes No and Undefined are not the same thing

Would it be possible to display the 'No' value in book details. I you're thinking "but why don't you just look in the list" - the list is often hidden by a dialogue box, the book reader, or any one of several other apps.

My preference would be to have empty columns appear in the Book Details as something like - Published : <undefined>.
Maybe a Tweak could be implemented to do that. Not on a column by column basis, but something that applied to all columns in Book Details.

I've changed the column to allow the values Yea and Nay That overcomes my Book Details issue, but now I don't have the nice Green Tick and Red Cross in the book list

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I have added a Yes/No column, but if the value is No it doesn't show up in the Book Details Panel

Yes/No columns can have one of three values Yes, No and Undefined.
For my purposes No and Undefined are not the same thing

Would it be possible to display the 'No' value in book details. I you're thinking "but why don't you just look in the list" - the list is often hidden by a dialogue box, the book reader, or any one of several other apps.

My preference would be to have empty columns appear in the Book Details as something like - Published : <undefined>.
Maybe a Tweak could be implemented to do that. Not on a column by column basis, but something that applied to all columns in Book Details.

I've changed the column to allow the values Yea and Nay That overcomes my Book Details issue, but now I don't have the nice Green Tick and Red Cross in the book list

BR
Did you set the Tweak for Tri-state Y/N? the red spot-X shows for me., un-set is blank and Yes is a green Tick
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you set the Tweak for Tri-state Y/N? the red spot-X shows for me., un-set is blank and Yes is a green Tick
Thanks

No I have not set that tweak, because I can find nothing like it in Preferences->Tweaks, I am on 0.8.58.

As well as eyeballing Tweaks, I just searched for state, tri-state, Y/N - nothing at all

One of my criticisms of how Tweaks are implemented is that it's difficult to refer to them in this forum - it would help if they were numbered.

BR

Edit : I am referring to the contents of the Book Details Panel that is shown at the right side of Calibre's main window, the contents of which are defined in Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details. I am NOT referring to what's shown in the book list in the middle of Calibre's main window - that works fine without any tweaks.

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-03-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: grammar & clarification
Old 07-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Thanks

No I have not set that tweak, because I can find nothing like it in Preferences->Tweaks, I am on 0.8.58.

As well as eyeballing Tweaks, I just searched for state, tri-state, Y/N - nothing at all

One of my criticisms of how Tweaks are implemented is that it's difficult to refer to them in this forum - it would help if they were numbered.

BR

Edit : I am referring to the contents of the Book Details Panel that is shown at the right side of Calibre's main window, the contents of which are defined in Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details. I am NOT referring to what's shown in the book list in the middle of Calibre's main window - that works fine without any tweaks.
It appears that you are correct in that Tri-state (T/F) fields only appear if Yes , in the details pane.
(NB I only had those fields placed in the main view, so I never saw this non-function )
Old 07-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/12600
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Kovid, I'm not minded to download the source and set up python dev environ. So I'm assuming you're telling me it will be in the next release.

That'll do me. I keep all my software up to date unless there's a damn good reason not to. And it'll be easy enough to swap my Yea/Nay for a Yes/No

cheers BR
Old 07-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
for this improvement