Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Stopping by the Lounge to say Hi

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to Mobilereads as I just got my Sony prs-505 last week....So far, I've mainly been sticking to the Sony forums while I learn how to work my new toy, but every couple days I venture out to a new forum. I thought today would be a good day to check out the lounge.

Some important things that I'm sure you're wondering about

My name is Kelly
I'm 27 years old
I'm a female
I live in Northern California
I am very new to ebooks and the sony is my first e-reader.
I am currently reading my first ebooks: A Watchful Husband by Karen Templeton and Internal Combustion: The Story of A Marriage and A Murder In the Motor City by Joyce Maynard.
My reading tastes are very wide-ranging...I mostly read contemporary romance, but I also like Christian Fiction, Mystery, Non-fiction(biographies mostly), True Crime, and general contemporary fiction(books you'd find on the bestseller lists). Although I do plan to download some of the free classic books for my reader to expand my horizons.
In my spare time-when I'm not reading- I enjoy surfing the net, sleeping, shopping, taking pictures, listening to music, traveling, and spending time with friends and family.
I LOVE electronic gadgets. I just barely bought my e-reader, and now the next thing on my list is an Ipod Touch.

Well I think that about covers it. If you want to know anything else, just ask! I look forward to getting to know everyone. I've really enjoyed this website so far, and I browse the forums several times throughout the day.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Welcome to Mobile Read!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Kelly
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hey Kelly! If you like romance, check out our MR Romance group. I'm always looking for a good contemporary romance!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/group.php?groupid=10
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And don't forget to check out all the FREE books (out of copyright older books) hand formatted here at MobileRead! Blue bar near top of page - EBooks. Welcome & enjoy your reader!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
As of last week, Fictionwise still had all of the free Harlequins from the Valentine's Day promotion for free.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Kelly, and be sure to check out this thread, especially post #8 for some great links.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43794

Last edited by desertgrandma; 04-01-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: forgot the link!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Kelly, and be sure to check out this thread, especially post #8 for some great links.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43794
Yep, this indeed is a very good thread to start with. Welcome, Kelly
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #9
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Welcome Kelly, glad to have you here!

Be sure to report in on how you are enjoying the Sony. And any problems or issues you might have as we have a great userbase here to help out. Even little things, like font preferences, how large a margin the books have, whether the book's text is full justified or left justified, etc. can be adjusted (for most books) using utilities available on the forum. So never hesitate to ask...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Hey there, Kelly. I recently got my Sony and it's a fantastic gizmo. I haven't read a pbook in over a week. I am so enamoured with my device I have given it a name (like one of those old sea-captains naming his ship)... I've dubbed it Rocinante after Don Quixote's Horse. Now if I could only get a slip-cover of some kind that has the famous Picasso sketch of Don Quixote and Sancho Panza, I'd be set
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #11
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day Kelly,

Aside from the directions towards all the nooks and crannies of MobileRead, I'd like, as a regular Lounge-Lar, to welcome you to the bubbly banterment (or "bloated blatheration" as some may have it) of the Lounge. Feel welcome to discuss anything here, and under no circumstances be intimidated by anything here, particularly the Unutterable Silliness. The "in-jokes" are rarely "in" but more often absurd non-sequiturs, and the group is less an indoctrinating group than a snowballing accumulation of souls seeking salvation in the silly (or maybe that's just me).

There are no stupid questions, though lots of silly ones (we love those the most ). Ask away! What's a Zany Carter Deluxe? Is pshrynk a real pshrynk? Is Zelda really your Queen? Will DGMa protect me with her big stick from being overwhelmed? (DGMa: "HELL, YES!") What's with the Pirate Ninja Squirrels? Should I buy anything from Montsnmags Enterprises? Are LOLcats good or bad? (Short answer: yes) Is there a welcome Party? (Giggle) Who's Adrian? Is badgoodDeb an angry-but-beautiful near-goddess striding the MRscape and crushing the unworthy into strawberry jam beneath her feet and can she be trusted? (Answer: yes) What's a SHUM? What's the blue one next to the fish? What's the difference between a duck? How does a gas barbecue work? (My answer: invisible, magic smoke) Have you got change for a "rock lobster"? Is Ricky the biblical Job of MR? (No, she's a buddhist lawyer who cares for animals) I'M STEPHEN FRY! (that's not a question, silly!)

Can I get you a drink?

Cheers,
Marc ([stifling evil laugh])
The barman, CEO of Montsnmags Enterprises, and Party MC, just for starters...
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Wow you guys!!! I was thrilled to find 10 replies to my message!! Now lets see if I can reply to some of your messages...

LilacJive...you will probably see me at that romance group very soon. It seems like everytime I come to mobileread which is several times a day, I find something new. I need to bookmark all my favorite forums or something.

DixieGal- I got my reader one week ago today and the first thing I did was go to eharlequin and download all those free books. I haven't read any of them though. I have tons of books on my ereader already, so I'll be set for quite awhile, not to mention the ebooks I'm currently wanting to buy.

Desertgrandma- thanks for the link to the thread...I will definitely check it out.

MJ- So far my sony is PERFECT!!! I am so happy I picked this ereader...OH btw, my I have the BLUE 505 (there seems to be quite a competition as to which color is best). I have been using the medium sized font...not the smallest, but I don't think it's the largest either. I can't think of any complaints right now. I do plan to get the lightwedge and the ac charger soon, but those are the only two things I need. And I'm actually glad the reader doesn't have a backlight.

Well I think I answered everyone's messages. I'l talk to you all soon.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote