Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 03:13 AM   #1
rambling
Enthusiast
rambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color, Asus Infinity
RSS Feed questions

Hi there,

I'm a new user of Calibre, it looks like a really useful tool, many thanks to the creators.

I'm testing out the RSS Feed feature and I couldn't see where to initiate or schedule updates to subscriptions to fetch new content.

Also are new settings required for each added feed? For example I tried adding this one: http://www.dailyspeculations.com/wordpress/ and the output was all garbled. So I'm assuming this doesn't work like a normal reader, say Google Reader, to display items?

Eyal
rambling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
At the moment calibre doesn't have feed scheduling. It's on my todo list. And calibre tries to get the full article with pictures rather than the summary typically presented in RSS feeds, which is why you see a garbled output. Read the tutorial on creating advanced feeds in the user manual.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2008, 05:35 AM   #3
rambling
Enthusiast
rambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterrambling can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color, Asus Infinity
OK. Thanks for pointing me to the right place. Too bad I can't program :-)

But I realized I was adding the website URL and Calibre was just adding the website as is and not looking for a feed to pick up. Once I added the feed URL itself (/?feed=rss2) things started looking a lot more readable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
At the moment calibre doesn't have feed scheduling. It's on my todo list. And calibre tries to get the full article with pictures rather than the summary typically presented in RSS feeds, which is why you see a garbled output. Read the tutorial on creating advanced feeds in the user manual.
rambling is offline   Reply With Quote