Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
Gamgee72
Gamgee72 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 X 2
libprs500/calibre stopped working

Hi,

I have installed calibre on Windws Vista. It works perfectly fine but for some reason, I sometimes get a message indicating "calibre.exe has stopped working" and the software closes.

When MS vista "diagnoses" the problem, the following message is displayed:

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA0E7.tmp.versio n.txt
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WERACDA.tmp.appcom pat.txt
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WERADC5.tmp.mdmp

Any ideas, I love this application but having to open/start it several times during a session can be annoying.

Thanks.
Gamgee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Look for the file libprs500.log and post it here.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
Gamgee72

Hi,

The I have found the file but the only thing in the file is the word:

"in".

The file itself is only 1KB
Old 05-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Delete the file and re-check it after a crash.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
Gamgee72

okay...here is a sample log although I think it has crashed for several reasons. Probably because I am trying to do too many things on calibre at once?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Continuing anyway
adata\toc.pyo", line 83, in read_from_opf
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\toc.pyo", line 129, in read_html_toc
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u"C:\\Program Files\\calibre\\Jacqueline Carey - Imriel 02 - Kushiel's Justice v2.1 (BD).htm"
Advert
Old 05-04-2008, 10:25 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm is that all there was in the log? How many things were you trying to do?
Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #7
Gamgee72

Here is another example:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\metadata_single.pyo", line 242, in fetch_cover
File "calibre\ebooks\metadata\library_thing.pyo", line 28, in login
File "mechanize\_mechanize.pyo", line 510, in select_form
FormNotFoundError: no form matching name 'signup'

(I went to check LibraryThing.com and it is temporarily down for the rest of the evening).

In any case, I am converting books while changing metadata for other books while also trying to add books. I suppose that is overkill in multitasking.

Minor glitches really. I just want to make sure it has nothing to do with Windows Vista. I avoided libprs500 for awhile with my relatively "new" computer that runs vista because I was having other compatibility issues.

On separate note, is there a way to add the .lrf ebooks that I purchased from Sony to the calibre db or do I have to maintain two locations for my ebooks? I could not find a thread that discussed this.

Thanks for your attention.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:39 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm, there are no vista compatibility issues that I'm aware of. You should be able to add LRX files (purchased sony ebooks) to the database. I'm not sure whether transferring them to the reader works or not. Try it and see!