Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #331
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I think I will finish my current book before the end of the month, but here are my stats as of today:

Books read: 40 (41)
Pages Read: 12,136 (12,582) / 22,500 page goal
Distinct Authors: 29
New Authors: 18
Paper books: 1
E-books: 39
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #332
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Home is also a lot more open to new and different authors then I seem to be. Right now I am going through the biggest one that I have read in a long while Papal Stakes by Eric Flint, its approximately 944 pages. A real door stopper, something that I would shy away from before I started with electronic books because of the shear size of the book.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2013, 01:33 PM   #333
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^My openness is probably more a result of the challenge I set for myself than anything else. I'm sure my openness to new authors will plummet once I get through the list. I see that of the seven remaining years, I only have one author I've never read before.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #334
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Anyone else care to compare their own statistics to that of Home and myself?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #335
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
No interest in comparing, but I will share.

Books read: 33
Pages Read: 6483
Distinct Authors: 24
New Authors: 19
Paper books: 0
E-books: 33

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 06-29-2013 at 10:36 PM.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #336
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I was curious about my own stats:

Books read: 115 (16 of these are less than 150 pgs)
Pages Read: 32,338
Distinct Authors: 79
New Authors: 46
Paper books: 1
E-books: 114

I'm not doing any particular challenges, though I did have some books and some authors I wanted to try this year; so far, I've made a little headway in that regard
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #337
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've finished the first half of the year on 56 books: 43 read solely for fun; 13 created for the MR library.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #338
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Books read: 28
Pages read: not counting
Distinct authors: 27 (including 2 co writers)
New authors: 12
Paper books: 20
E-books: 8

Last edited by DrNefario; 06-30-2013 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Unexpected extra book finished
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #339
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Here are my half year stats:

Books Read (incl. 8 abandoned): 104
Pages Read (excl. abandoned): 29,369
Distinct Authors: 70
New Authors: Don't know. Several.
Paper back books: 0
Hard back books: 1
E-Books: 103

And some more:
Ebooks bought: 83
Average price: $2.89

Non-free ebooks read: 92
Average price: $3.06

I'm not going to make my target of just 120 ebooks bought this year. But I think I'll get close.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #340
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Assuming I finish my current book today, my 1/2 way stats are:

Books read: 62/150
SF&F Challenge: 11/20
Mystery Challenge: 3/5

and I've discovered many new favourite authors, which is the best part.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #341
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I made a half-year challenge this year, so today is the last day of my challenge - and I completed it! My challenge was to read 4,000 pages in the first half of 2013, and my final total will be 4,298 pages. I started with reading challenges over two years ago, and this is the first time I've finished one completely. Party time!

My challenge for the second half of 2013 will be to read 4,000 pages including reading Ulysses by James Joyce.

Here are my stats in the format all of you've been sharing in:

Books read: 13
Pages Read: 4298
Distinct Authors: 12
New Authors: 10
E-books: 13
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #342
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Books read: 50
Pages read: 16,217
Distinct authors: 36
ebooks: 50

I'm reading The Great Hunger by Cecil Woodham-Smith in hardcover from the library now because it is not available as an ebook, but doubt that I will finish it because of dry burning eyes. My Kindle PW is so much easier on the eyes. I'm behind on my challenge, partly because of two cataract surgeries, but also because it is hiking season.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #343
Stephjk
Cruiser
Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, samsung galaxy tab note
At the halfway point I'm a little behind with 20 books read out of the goal of 52. However, I've stretched myself a bit this year and am trying to read all the MR bookclub winners since I joined: I' ve opened up my repertoire quite a bit by doing this. I've also read some quite challenging books already this year.

So that's my excuse for poor performance, hopefully I'll catch up in the second half of the year.
Stephjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #344
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I've finished 24 books so I am due to finish ahead of my yearly goal of 40. If I do, I'll probably increase the target to 50. The two book clubs are invaluable for keeping me reading!
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #345
Stephjk
Cruiser
Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, samsung galaxy tab note
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
The two book clubs are invaluable for keeping me reading!
I agree, and also for challenging me. Maybe next year I'll join in with the Literary Club, I think one is enough for now!
Stephjk is offline   Reply With Quote