Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
lethalox
lethalox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader PRS-500
Edit LRF Meta Data?

Is there a way to edit LRF meta data (ie Title and Author)? I downloaded some books of the forurm last night and noticed some of the meta was missing.

Cheers,
Alex
lethalox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What's missing? Best thing to do is tell the uploader, so they can fix it and re-upload. PLEASE tell me if it's any of my books - if there's a problem I want to fix it!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
If you search this forum for EditLRFGUI, you'll find either a) a link to the Yahoo forum, or b) the actual download. I'm not sure, since it's been quite a while since I acquired it myself. I'd post it myself, but if it's in the Yahoo group and wasn't posted here directly, I wouldn't want to tick anyone off.

Oh yeah, please do this after following Harry's recommendation.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
If you search this forum for EditLRFGUI, you'll find either a) a link to the Yahoo forum, or b) the actual download. I'm not sure, since it's been quite a while since I acquired it myself. I'd post it myself, but if it's in the Yahoo group and wasn't posted here directly, I wouldn't want to tick anyone off.

Oh yeah, please do this after following Harry's recommendation.
I cannot find EditLRFGUI. Can you point us to or attach it please?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Azayzel remembered the name a bit off. It's actually "EditLRFMeta" -- details here.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Azayzel remembered the name a bit off. It's actually "EditLRFMeta" -- details here.
Thanks!
Old 06-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear

Thanks NatCh! You're the one who originally pointed me in the right spot to begin with, so it's only natural that you caught me on this. Thanks for catching it. I should have checked my tools before I posted a reply.

A GUI was written for the tool and can be found in the same Yahoo group, it's name is EditLRFMetaGUI and looks to be written in .NET/C#; so you might want to make a shortcut in an easy to reach location, or simply copy the exe, it's in the bin directory. The GUI is quite a bit nicer than using the CLI, and you can quickly check the current metatags with it as well (yes, I know you can do this with the CLI apps that are out there, but this is a bit quicker and saves a trip to "window-key+r -> cmd" world).

Last edited by Azayzel; 06-09-2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Hah, caught the lil' bugger trying to dump my post again!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have a 4NT prompt open all the time, so getting to is is trivial.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:12 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Thanks NatCh! You're the one who originally pointed me in the right spot to begin with, so it's only natural that you caught me on this. Thanks for catching it.
Not at all, Azayzel, one of the things I like about this community is the way we all try to help each other out, that's all I was doing, and it's the same thing you were doing yourself.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:53 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I would like to repeat my original plea, though. If you download a book from the "Book Uploads" forum and find that it has missing or incorrect metadata (ie author/title fields), PLEASE tell the uploader so it can be fixed!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote