Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #1036
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
I have not installed 2013 yet, but looking at the fifth picture shows reading statistics. Does it not?
a thread on the duokan forum also says that reading statistics gone
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #1037
gienkollo
The Cooler
gienkollo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
What a shame... I'm going to use last 2012 version then.
gienkollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #1038
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
Too bad the reading statistic is gone. Thinking of going back to old version.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:10 PM   #1039
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
After awhile I decided to go back to R5.4, so far this is the version for my K4NT.

And you know what, my reading statistics still there. Luckily it did not get erase when I update to version 2013 v1.0.
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #1040
KrautHolg
KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW3, K4NT, KT, KT2 5.6.0 (2443690034)
Manual Duokan update D/L location?

Would someone please be so kind to post the download URL for:

xKindle_2013-02-22.21940.rtm.tar.gz

When I try to do it directly via Duokan (Duo kan shu, duo jiao penyou!) it always dies before I am finished and I have to start from scratch again. I live on a boat currently at anchor in Trinidad and the WiFi is just not working out for that here. So I want to try and download it manually with the "resume" function enabled.

Thank you very much in advance!

Holg - catamaran DHARMA BUM III
KrautHolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #1041
KrautHolg
KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

D/L Link

http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-78126-1-1.html points to http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=3659976725

The right button is the D/L button.

Cheers!

Holg
Old 02-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #1042
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
EDIT: I am guessing he got them by now and don't want to leave old links around

Last edited by twobob; 03-02-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: they are now up,, Taking them down again
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #1043
KrautHolg

Thank you very much for the fast response!

Thank you very much for the fast response!

I have a Kindle 4 NT Black (Kindle 4.1.0 / Tequila 1.0.6.210)

I am just now downloading from the Chinese site....

Cheers!

Holg
Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #1044
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
the links above are shared via dropbox. Happy to help
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 AM   #1045
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
The most annoying thing on every new DUOKAN release is Chinese language. Too many Chinese characters everywhere, too many untranslated chinese words to english.
I've installed latest DUOKAN 2013 v1.0 (2013-03-22), huh yea, here we go again with new chinese words.

DUOKAN must, as every good application, in every new update add to the end of language file new strings which need to be translated.
English is DEFAULT language for "computers", sorry but not chinese.

How can people translate DUOKAN to new languages?
Is there any BASE language file to translate?
dove_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #1046
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dove_g View Post
The most annoying thing on every new DUOKAN release is Chinese language. Too many Chinese characters everywhere, too many untranslated chinese words to english.
you can edit DK_System\xKindle\res\language\English.txt

Quote:
How can people translate DUOKAN to new languages?
you can add a new file for a different language
Old 03-01-2013, 03:52 AM   #1047
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
you can edit DK_System\xKindle\res\language\English.txt
attached a translated version (via google translator)
Attached Files
File Type: txt English.txt (45.9 KB, 631 views)

Last edited by thomass; 03-01-2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: fixed the file
Old 03-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #1048
dove_g
dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.dove_g can eat soup with a fork.

thomass,
1. are you sure that this english.txt file included has everything translated?!
P.S. I checked later, yes my English.txt has only 546 lines this one you send it it has more than >1000. Tnx.

P.S.2. I uploaded your english file txt, but still there are untranslated chinese words, even more untranslated words than in mine smaller English.txt file of only 500lines. So I'm putting back my English.txt file.

2. Btw,
Duokan 2013 (2013-02-22) seems to have bug (my model is Kindle4NT). After selectig option ICON list and SORT Added, Duokan restart over and over again. You can do anything at all. Just restarting all the time.
Can you try it?

Now I have turn it OFF (press POWER button for 20 seconds), boot in Kindle OS, and copy back older version.

Last edited by dove_g; 03-02-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #1049
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
thomass,
1. are you sure that this english.txt file included has everything translated?!
Of course not. It only helps about existing(but not-translated) items in the current file. (you can check)

AFAIU their scope is limited with the China . hence I don't expect an up-to-date English adaptation, I think no one should.

Quote:
2. Btw,
Duokan 2013 (2013-02-22) seems to have bug (my model is Kindle4NT). After selectig option ICON list and SORT Added, Duokan restart over and over again. You can do anything at all. Just restarting all the time.
Please send a feedback to this email: kindleuser@duokan.com

Quote:
Can you try it?
Will report back when I try.

Quote:
Now I have turn it OFF (press POWER button for 20 seconds), boot in Kindle OS, and copy back older version.
as you wish

BTW Actually I'm not using Duokan much frequently recently.

Last edited by thomass; 03-02-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #1050
dove_g

Thnx thomass, I've sent email to duokan.

Anyway in new version (2013-03-01) it is even more buggy , you can't read/open epub books, just paginating and paginating...

Is there any link to latest version before 2013 1.0?
tnx.

Added:
I'm back to 2013-01-25 version (don't fix it if ain't broken
(k4 None Touch)xKindle_2013-01-25.20781.rtm.zip
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=3659976725

Last edited by dove_g; 03-03-2013 at 03:39 AM.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf