Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #1666
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Is the option not there for certain price-fixed books?
Correct

See my previous post in this thread...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #1667
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Well it's been quiet in this thread ..... I assume everyone is still spending using VoucherCodes40?

I know I am

And I'm hoping that another 40% off code is in the offing when this one finishes at the end of the month.

Keep 'em coming

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 01-14-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #1668
Kerrilea
Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.Kerrilea knows what's going on.

Device: Galaxy S II, Kobo Glo
Hey guys!

Long time lurker, first time poster.
I am super excited about the continuing 40% coupons. So far I have picked up a few favourites that I hadn't purchased yet;

The Percy Jackson series, the Hunger Games Trilogy, and The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston which is a new one to me.

Realistically, they have to end sometime, but I hope we get a few more rounds of it. (or even a 50% would be nice haha)

Kerrilea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #1669
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Well it's been quiet in this thread ..... I assume everyone is still spending using VoucherCodes40?

I know I am

And I'm hoping that another 40% off code is in the offing when this one finishes at the end of the month.

Keep 'em coming
I've gotten 5 books so far with the new code.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #1670
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks GOAT! I just purchased "Lee Child's Jack Reacher Books 1-6" for $32.39. A savings of $21.60 using VoucherCodes40.

Too bad the Kobo site won't let me download it!
This is the first time I have had this problem.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #1671
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
Thanks GOAT! I just purchased "Lee Child's Jack Reacher Books 1-6" for $32.39. A savings of $21.60 using VoucherCodes40.

Too bad the Kobo site won't let me download it!
This is the first time I have had this problem.
Are you getting an error message similar to the attachment?

I bought a book (Knave's Wager) from them and was unable to download it. After some back and forth with their CS, they pretty much told me if I can read it with their apps, then there was no problem and, no, they wouldn't be giving me a refund (though I never asked them for one ). I was very ticked off and let them know it too. Anyway, after I read your post I went to check on the book again and, surprisingly, I was able to download it (finally! I bought it on Nov 22 ). Hopefully your case is something that can be easily (and speedily!) resolved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Book Error Message.png
Views:	293
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	99399  
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #1672
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Are you getting an error message similar to the attachment?

I bought a book (Knave's Wager) from them and was unable to download it. After some back and forth with their CS, they pretty much told me if I can read it with their apps, then there was no problem and, no, they wouldn't be giving me a refund (though I never asked them for one ). I was very ticked off and let them know it too. Anyway, after I read your post I went to check on the book again and, surprisingly, I was able to download it (finally! I bought it on Nov 22 ). Hopefully your case is something that can be easily (and speedily!) resolved.
I had the same problem with a different book but was able to download it after about two weeks. The customer service rep said it was an issue with the publisher not making the ADE epub available at the same time as Kobo can make it available with their DRM.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #1673
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
I went on a Smashwords buying spree earlier in the week using VoucherCodes40 -- go Kobo bookstore for carrying Smashwords titles and letting the coupon appy!
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #1674
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Are you getting an error message similar to the attachment?...
No, this is the error I get:

"The requested eBook title cannot be downloaded at this time due to difficulty in communicating with the retail site. Please try again later."

Noticed the browsing tab says "Retailer Not Authorized."

But I was able to download a previously purchased ebook.

While looking at my library I noticed this new purchase is the only ebook that says "ADOBE DRM PDF" while all the rest say "ADOBE DRM EPUB."

Well, I tried again this morning and still no luck.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #1675
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
No, this is the error I get:

"The requested eBook title cannot be downloaded at this time due to difficulty in communicating with the retail site. Please try again later."

Noticed the browsing tab says "Retailer Not Authorized."

But I was able to download a previously purchased ebook.

While looking at my library I noticed this new purchase is the only ebook that says "ADOBE DRM PDF" while all the rest say "ADOBE DRM EPUB."

Well, I tried again this morning and still no luck.
I had the same problem and got a refund. Couldn't download the book and they didn't know what to do about it. So I got credit.

Hopefully they will be able to resolve to problem so you can download the book instead of having to insist on a refund...
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:59 AM   #1676
goldilocks
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I had the same problem and got a refund. Couldn't download the book and they didn't know what to do about it. So I got credit.

Hopefully they will be able to resolve to problem so you can download the book instead of having to insist on a refund...
I'll try again later today...then start complaining. Ebook is my first choice.

I'm actually wondering if there is a glitch in the system - it let me use the coupon and wasn't supposed to?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #1677
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
I'll try again later today...then start complaining. Ebook is my first choice.

I'm actually wondering if there is a glitch in the system - it let me use the coupon and wasn't supposed to?
Hmm... I bought my book with a coupon as well. But another friend of mine bought a book from the same publisher and could downlook it without a problem. I really don't know...
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #1678
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I've been able to buy books with the codes from this thread, my thanks to those who post them.

Where do these codes come from? I've had a lot of emails from Kobo recommending books for me to buy since I got my ereader about 6 weeks ago, but have yet to see any offer of a discount.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #1679
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
I went on a Smashwords buying spree earlier in the week using VoucherCodes40 -- go Kobo bookstore for carrying Smashwords titles and letting the coupon appy!
I'm not sure to understand what you mean? Did you buy a book on Smashwords by using Kobobooks?
That seems interesting anyway

Edit: GeoffR, some countries seem to have more coupons than others :| and some stores provide more coupons than others. I've only received one email from Kobo with a discount so far. Books on board is emailing me maybe once a week

Last edited by samhy; 01-15-2013 at 08:01 AM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #1680
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
I had the same problem with a different book but was able to download it after about two weeks. The customer service rep said it was an issue with the publisher not making the ADE epub available at the same time as Kobo can make it available with their DRM.
I had something similar happen: a book I purchased did not have "Adobe DRM EPUB" as an option even though all other books in the series did and other retailers offer EPUB. I'm sure it was an oversight, but customer service was not very helpful. I've heard others say that phone support is the way to go with Kobo, so I may try again.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals