Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
Asimov
Asimov began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs600
How do you put book in series on sony reader

Hi all,

I am using Calibre to put my books in order on my computer. Problem is with a series of books under one author. In calibre I can put a series of books say Myth in order. When I send them to the sony reader I can sort by order, author, or by date, but not by series.

Is there a way of doing this?

Asimov
Asimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
So long as you have used the series field in calibre, they will show up as Collections on the sony device. You need to have the calibre library sorting by series before you send the books to device so they will be in the collection in the right order.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
Asimov

How do you put book in series on sony reader

Hi Sherman,

Thankyou, I didn't think of that. Going to try it now. Will let you know if it works.

My collections did show up, but when I entered the collection the books were not in order.

So now I am going to try your suggestion. Hope it works as I have 3000 books.

Asimov
Old 04-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
Asimov

Hi Sherman,

I have tried it now with the series column clicked and it is showing correctly in calibre. Unfortunately when I send it to the reader it is still showing it in the incorrect order.
It's annoying as I have 30 books in my Myth series and I would like to re-read them in order.

Asimov
Old 04-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
Asimov

Well Hi all,
I have found a solution, but it is not really satisfactory. I have tried all the suggestions here and they don't work. The only way I got them to go on the reader in order is to click on them and send them one at a time in order, and then they are in order on the reader.

This is a solution, but not a good solution, as I got 1000's to send to my reader, which is going to take a long time.

Asimov
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
I have tried it now with the series column clicked and it is showing correctly in calibre. Unfortunately when I send it to the reader it is still showing it in the incorrect order.
It's annoying as I have 30 books in my Myth series and I would like to re-read them in order.
If you want your Myth series in order on your reader the easiest way is as follows:

1. Delete all of the Myth series on your reader.
2. In Calibre sort the main library Series column. Now your Myth series should be in order in the main Calibre library.
3. Select the entire Myth series and send to device (all at one time)
4. Now the Myth series is in series order on your device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #7
psercki
psercki began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600 and nook
I use the Sony software.
1.At the bottom of Sony software computer screen is a little plus sign.
2.Click on it; it will create a new collection folder.
3.Name the collection and drag and drop the books in the order of the series.
4. Drag and Drop the Collection to your player.
The Colleciton will show up under Collections on your Sony.
psercki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:43 AM   #8
Almas
Addict
Almas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura aboutAlmas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Touch; Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you want your Myth series in order on your reader the easiest way is as follows:

1. Delete all of the Myth series on your reader.
2. In Calibre sort the main library Series column. Now your Myth series should be in order in the main Calibre library.
3. Select the entire Myth series and send to device (all at one time)
4. Now the Myth series is in series order on your device.
Thanks for that. I was wondering the same thing and this worked for me!
Almas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:11 AM   #9
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I just found out that in the Sony software, the books initially get in order depending on the sequence you've put them there. But if you don't like the order within the collection, you can pick the last book for example and just drag it in between the the 1st and 2nd book for example. This way, the last book shows up as 2nd and the rest gets moved down.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote