Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Lines from TV that I can't forget

I thought of this, because there's this line from a TV pilot, a remake of Peter Gunn from quite a few years back, that I can't forget.

In a scene where Peter (played by Peter Strauss, in case you're curious) meets his new secretary, Maggie, she's explaining to him that she's there because his old secretary met a man named Zorbo, and has gone back to Crete to marry him...

Then, in the middle of her monologue, she pauses and asks Peter, "Would someone from Crete be considered a Cretin?"

And Peter, not missing a beat, responds with a straight face: "I don't see why not."

(This, by the way, is my way of getting my mind off of another "DRM is bad, the darknet is your friend" argument in another section. Help me out, guys.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
"There's a penguin on the telly!"

There are so many lines from Monty Python that I can never get rid of.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I am so smart. SMRT!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hancock's Half Hour - so many to choose from.

His impassioned appeal during a spoof of 'Twelve Angry Men'
"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"

The attraction of being a radio ham:
"Friends all over the world. None in this country, but all over the world."

On giving a smear prior to becoming a blood donor:
""It may be only a smear to you but it's life and death to some poor wretch."

On being informed blood donors give a pint:
"a pint! That's very nearly an armful!"

On Griselda's cooking:
Hancock: "I thought my mother was a bad cook, but at least her gravy used to move around a bit."
Griselda: "That's the goodness in it."
Hancock: " It's the pound and a half of corn flour you put in it!"
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have always liked Maxwell Smart's famous line, "Missed it by that much."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #6
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
D.I. (R.Lee Emory) in the Space, Above and Beyond pilot-

"I am not an officer, I work for living!"

from " 'Allo 'Allo" (Michelle of the resistance") -

"Listen very carefully, I will say this only once..."
Greg Anos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
from " 'Allo 'Allo" (Michelle of the resistance") -

"Listen very carefully, I will say this only once..."
I think the word is shall, not will.

Also from 'allo 'allo:

"Heil Hitler!"
"Clock!"
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
M*A*S*H had a bunch! Frank Burns quote about war...

Frank: "Funny thing, war...never have so many suffered so much so so few could be so happy."
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A fave line from Hogan's Heroes:
"I know nothing! Nothing!"
Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
From "The Life of Riley" -- "What a revoltin' development this is."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:31 PM   #11
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
From "Are You Being Served?" Mrs. Slocum -

"And I am unanimous in that."

And of course the unforgettable, (no matter how hard I try) -

"Gilligan, drop those coconuts..."

Or McHale's Navy - Lt.Cmd. McHale -

"Oh My God, Leadbottom!"
Greg Anos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #12
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
All of this:
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/~ebarnes/py...ead-parrot.htm

'I wish to complain about this parrot what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique etc. '
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 10:04 PM   #13
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

From Batman:
"Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed!" "Buckle up, old chum..."
Old 06-03-2008, 10:10 PM   #14
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
"I am not an animal" Richard Harris in A Man Called Horse
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #15
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
"Hello.
My name is Inigo Montoya.
You killed my father.
Prepare to die."

"Inconceivable!"

"Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"

"You've been mostly dead all day"

Actually, pretty much any / every line from The Princess Bride.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, silly, very silly