Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #46
alliyb
alliyb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Hi danifunker,

I am new to Kobo Vox, and looking to get the android market (Google Play). Can you please send me the link as to how to obtain your "oogleVox" (in lamens terms preferrably)
Thanks!

AlliyB
alliyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Kobo is going to incorporate a Google Play app in a future update if you're not comfortable with hacking the Vox.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...01&postcount=4
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #48
danifunker
Connoisseur
danifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to behold

URL has been changed to goo.im, as I got a hosting account there.
danifunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #49
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
I had to do a factory reset and am now on the current firmware/software version. I was able to root again using danifunker's zergrush package. However, ooglevox is not working for me. It installs and runs, reboots, etc. but once it reboots, it seems most of the components are not installed. I cannot add a google account and the only new icon seems to be for the play store. When I press that, it says I need to add an account but clicking okay to that does not result in anything happening. Any ideas? Thanks.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #50
danifunker
Connoisseur
danifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to beholddanifunker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
I had to do a factory reset and am now on the current firmware/software version. I was able to root again using danifunker's zergrush package. However, ooglevox is not working for me. It installs and runs, reboots, etc. but once it reboots, it seems most of the components are not installed. I cannot add a google account and the only new icon seems to be for the play store. When I press that, it says I need to add an account but clicking okay to that does not result in anything happening. Any ideas? Thanks.
Please be sure you're using the latest version of OogleVox (1.2) and make sure you're rooted. Best of luck!
Advert
Old 05-19-2012, 07:20 PM   #51
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Yes to both of those. Any other ideas?
Old 05-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #52
danifunker
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Yes to both of those. Any other ideas?
Is the superuser app installed? You might be rooted, but I'm pretty sure my app needs the full superuser.apk installed in order to work.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #53
mr_nobody
Evangelist

I used your zergrush package to root. The superuser app shows up in the app drawer. Ooglevox asks (and gets) superuser access when it runs. I assume that means it is installed properly?

[edit]: Manually followed process listed here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=33]

with the exact same outcome. Is that process still valid?

Last edited by mr_nobody; 05-20-2012 at 08:44 AM.