Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #61
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Sorry, I cannot find it on my laptop. You should PM angelos_cy , who is likely using it.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #62
smoker
smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smoker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Thank you! sorry for the trouble...
smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #63
guigui
guigui began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight
Bookeen made a blog post about the dictionnary conversion I made thanks to the Alberto Pettarin's Python tool here.

It's an engligh-french dictionnary, in case a french people is searching for one.

They uploaded my converted file to their blog: Direct Link to the dictionnary. Enjoy .

And thanks again to Alberto.
guigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #64
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are welcome. I hope no copyrights have been harmed during the process.

BTW, unfortunately, Bookeen does not get the point right, i.e., 1. provinding a good way of turning dictionaries on/off and search in them (and in the text) on their readers; 2. releasing official specifications which will make the life easier for those willing to create dictionaries (if not maintaining an "official" version of Penelope).

Kobo has already got 1. right, and hopefully they will change their minds on 2. If only new Kobos had physical buttons for turning page, I would have donated my Bookeen to my nephews...
Old 01-24-2015, 05:16 AM   #65
Gonzys
Gonzys began at the beginning.

Device: Nolim (cybook Muse)
Hello, I'm Gonzalo from Spain, and I'd like to install a spanish/spanish dict. My e-reader is a Cybook Muse.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!
Gonzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #66
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Try looking in this thread: http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...-HD-FrontLight
Old 01-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #67
Gonzys
Gonzys began at the beginning.

Device: Nolim (cybook Muse)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlPe View Post
Thanks! but download link seems to be offline or deleted...

I'll keep searching.

Gonzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:26 AM   #68
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

This might be interesting:

http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...l=1#post214488

or try asking niconavarrete:

https://github.com/pettarin/penelope/issues/1
Old 02-05-2015, 03:43 AM   #69
blondin1986
blondin1986 began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odeyssey HD Frontlight 2
Russian English Dictionary

Hi Guys!

First of all a big thanks to AlPe!

I downloaded Python v3.4.2, Penelope V.2.0.1, and read your manual.

Now I wanted to create a Russian-German Dictionary out of an Stardict dict. (stardict-RG-LingvoUniversal-2.4.2) with the files:
RG.dict.dz
RG.idx
RG.ifo

I added all the three files in the penelope folder, including the empty.idx

Opened the Shell, directed to the Peneolpe/src/ folder which contains all the files and typed:

penelope3.py -p RG -f ru -t de

This is the output of the shell:

[INFO] Files ru-de.dict and ru-de.dict.idx created sucessfully!

Copying the two files in the Dictionaries folder on the Reader.
The reader shows me the Dictionary in the settings, but if I open a russian book and try to mark a word, only the Menu pops up.

Is penelope working with Cyrillic characters? Or did I just missed a something?
blondin1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:20 AM   #70
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

Hi, you are welcome.

Just to be sure: what is the size (in bytes) of ru-de.dict and ru-de.dict.idx? Just asking in case the problem is with them (maybe they are empty?).

Make sure your ebook has "ru" language metadatum set, so that the Odyssey will load your custom dictionary.

Penelope currently supports only UTF-8-encoded input files, so you might want to check whether your input materials have a different encoding.

Assuming the two aforementioned files are not empty, I guess the "problem" might be with the way the Odyssey looks the selected word up in the dictionary index or with the file encoding of your input files or the file encoding of the ebook you are reading.

A first test you can do is the following: search for a word written in latin script which is also present in your dictionary (I hope there is one, like a proper name or an acronym). If the dictionary definition pops up, then it means that your dictionary is properly installed and loaded, and the problem lies somewhere else.

A second test: just create a CSV dictionary, containing just two words, one in lating script and one in cyrillic, convert it to Bookeen format with Penelope, load it to your device, and perform the same test above, and then also ask for the word written in cyrillic.

Unfortunately, without further details, I cannot tell whether the problem is with the dictionary, with Penelope or with the Odyssey dictionary sw.

Last edited by AlPe; 02-05-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 AM   #71
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
As far as I know (at least on 5.x firmware) the odyssey will choose dictionary that language match with the language set on the opened book. Don't know if it's still true on the latest version, but I suspect that yes it is.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 08:07 AM   #72
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis

My bad. I do not have an Odyssey anymore, and I have understood that the last firmware update eventually allowed the user to select the dictionary. I have edited the post above.