Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Sony Reader Library 3.3.00.07130 is unresponsive.

Yesterday Sony Reader Library 3.3.00.07130 got unresponsive. After a soft boot it was still unresponsive. After a hard boot it works again.

Same thing happened today. I notice that last year a lot of folks had the same problem with version 3.2. When they uninstalled 3.2 and re-installed it, the problems were still present back then.

I checked my McAfee anti-virus software and it give Sonly Reader Library full incoming and outgoing priveleges.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it without the necessity of a hard boot?

I contacted Sony CS and they thought it was my anti-virus software. McAfee just did a program upgrade right before the problem started. Thus, maybe their next upgrade will fix the Sony Reader Library problem.

Last edited by sirmaru; 04-11-2011 at 09:17 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Sonylistens
Sony Customer Service Rep
Sonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheeseSonylistens can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
Hello Sirmaru,
My name is Evelyn from Sony electronics the SonyListens Team. I do apologize for the problems you are having with your device. Please e-mail a brief description and your contact information to SonyListens@am.sony.com. Either I or one of the SonyListens team members will contact you.
Best Regards,

Evelyn Perez
SonyListens Team
Sonylistens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 04:05 AM   #3
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Any luck, OP?

I haven't had any problems FWIW (and I know it's not worth much).
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote