Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #661
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Recent update of experimental version: 3.1.0-16

new popup toolbar (menu) in reading mode (with labels)
library: added Books by Rating, books by reading state (Reading, To Read, Finished)
accessibility patches (adding content description to UI widgets, for screen readers)
bugfixes
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #662
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper_ View Post
+1! The dimmed keys were my#1 wish.
I love CR. so excited to see the new version coming along.
Quote:
- After changing options, must close book, close CoolReader, then reopen. or they don't take effect
Fixed.

Quote:
- Upon installing the new version, I was unable to access the menu and options until I deleted my .ini file, because i didn't assign a tap-zone for them in my previous install.
Old-style (legacy) menu button cannot be shown if target SDK version is set to Android 3+. If target SDK is < 3+, it's impossible to support dimming of keys and fullscreen under Android 3, 4

Quote:
Unclear how to remove opds catalogs from home page.
There should be DELETE button in OPDS catalog edit dialog on long press.
Will fix soon. Thank you!
Advert
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #663
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post
Cool Reader and Jelly Bean:

My Asus TF300T was recently updated to Jelly Bean....now when I try to scroll through books in a directory it keeps going back to the top of the list when my finger is removed from the screen. Is this a known issue?
I saw similar issue. When I scroll down very long list, at some point it can instantly reset to first item.
I haven't found root cause so far.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #664
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
I saw similar issue. When I scroll down very long list, at some point it can instantly reset to first item.
This happens to me when the number of books are more than 9 in a folder
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #665
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Old-style (legacy) menu button cannot be shown if target SDK version is set to Android 3+. If target SDK is < 3+, it's impossible to support dimming of keys and fullscreen under Android 3, 4
I was thinking maybe you could force the center tap zone to open the menu/options...? Might avoid some user panics when they can't get to a menu if they had re-mapped it to something else in the earlier version when they could use the menu key, like i did.

Love the latest update! It's looking better and better, and seems to run even faster. :thumbup:
Only a few glitches I can see:

- Text to Speech starts at bottom of page, then repeats playing that same page.

- When in night mode, if I try to switch to day mode, it just flashes to day for a second, then back to night.

- It doesn't predictably crash when changing screen orientation anymore, even if it's put in the background :thumbup: ......but it did do it one time today, but only after it had been in background for awhile while i did some web browsing and Tapatalk.
Maybe it has to do with whether or not Android has reclaimed its reserved memory. ?

Minor menu suggestion would be to keep the forward and back icons next to each other and rename "root" to"home".

Still thrilled with every update, and thank you so much for all your work.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2012, 01:03 AM   #666
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
There should be DELETE button in OPDS catalog edit dialog on long press.
Will fix soon. Thank you!
Fixed.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #667
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Their are to many problems at the moment for me.
1. Pressing options while book is open goes to the library. As I have disabled toolbar I can't access options at all now.
2. In library options back button does not work.
3. New book is not being added to the the current book in the library
4. If you press menu by mistake you have to select one of the options no way to go back without selecting an option

Btw I am using it on my nook touch
Old 09-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #668
ncguy68
Enthusiast
ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet, Asus TF300, Nexus 7
Quote:

It only happens when book covers are displayed. If books covers are not displayed the list will scroll normal. Maybe this will make it easier to solve the issue. It also happens on the new Nexus 7 tablet.
ncguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:41 PM   #669
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
Menu sliding back

It happens to me, too on my Nexus 7. I like seeing the bookcovers on the virtual shelf, and my other apps, Kindle, Nook, Moon+ and Mantano don't have any problem with doing that.
I mainly use Moon+ these days. I can use the Favorites shelf to create categories for my books, and the app is nice and responsive, with all the fonts I'd ever want. It also sorts out weirdly formatted books for me. I used to use Cool Reader a lot, but the scrolling thing pushed me away.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:27 AM   #670
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
I love CoolReader so much, and like the new ui, but am stuck with fbreader, until the CR TTS bug gets fixed.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #671
mavek
mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
on Nook simple touch i cannot access to option menu, it continue to revert to main page, any other NST owners can confirm this?
mavek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #672
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavek View Post
on Nook simple touch i cannot access to option menu, it continue to revert to main page, any other NST owners can confirm this?
Yes the same happens to me buggins seems busy with real life at the moment hence no updates to coolreader in last week hope this gets fixed soon.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #673
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
Odd epub css error: @namespace declaration is not recognized/ignored, ruining the following css class.
Like:
@namespace h "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
.blank-before {
display: block;
font-size: 1.33333em;
line-height: 1.2;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-top: 1.25em;
text-align: justify;
text-indent: 0
}
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #674
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
+1! The dimmed keys were my#1 wish.
I love CR. so excited to see the new version coming along.

[snip]

Wish-list:
Option to hide books marked as finished
Option to show books by tags

Hope these are a little help to you. Thanks for all your great work.
I would like to add my vote to the "show books by tags" wish list!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:18 AM   #675
mavek
mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mavek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Yes the same happens to me buggins seems busy with real life at the moment hence no updates to coolreader in last week hope this gets fixed soon.
Hope so! I can't even use norefresh mode on the current coolreader.
Anyway thanks Buggins for the splendid work
mavek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader