Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-02-2017, 07:37 AM   #1
Blackheart
Blackheart began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola v3x
Bluetooth remote for android?

Hello, I read books on my android smartphone using kindle. Is there a way to use a remote controller to turn pages? I already tried a bluetooth remote controller (it came with a vr headset) but unfortunately it only controls the volume of the phone.

Thanks for the help
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I use a Fintie bluetooth media remote, and it works fine to turn pages in many reading apps. You just have to make sure the "Use volume buttons to turn pages" (or similar) setting is enabled in the app first.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-02-2017 at 10:54 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2017, 08:43 AM   #3
Blackheart

Thanks, I found that option on Kindlr for Android and now it works fine.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #4
Teknikal
Fanatic
Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Teknikal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, Note Pro 12.2, Honor 10
Probably not that useful but I've got a Bluetooth mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard and while I wouldn't recommend them for page turning in principle they do work fine for me.

I can definitely see the appeal of something smaller for that job though but not sure if anything like that actually exists.

(I'd assume the app would need to let you pick the page turn button also)
Teknikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I can definitely see the appeal of something smaller for that job though but not sure if anything like that actually exists.
Any BlueTooth media and/or shutter remote is going to be fairly small. Mine is about 2"x1.25" with a lanyard/split-ring. I use it to turn pages while on the treadmill. There's a ton of these small devices for sale that will work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
(I'd assume the app would need to let you pick the page turn button also)
Yes. That's a requirement. If the reading app doesn't support page turns using volume buttons, then these generic BlueTooth media remotes wouldn't do the job.
Advert
Old 03-02-2017, 04:50 PM   #6
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
I use Airturn Bluetooth remote and I am very happy with this one.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:00 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

This is the one I use.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WFXWKY4
Old 03-02-2017, 06:56 PM   #8
Blackheart

The one I hace is like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Blu...5vSkvfJx35cH2A

Awful quality, but works great to only turn page. I'm gonna order a smaller remote, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Selfie-C...FS8LEjU3Du14AQ
Old 03-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
I'm gonna order a smaller remote, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Selfie-C...FS8LEjU3Du14AQ
I'm not certain there's volume controls on that particular one. It looks to be a shutter-only remote geared toward "selfies".
Old 03-03-2017, 01:30 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I would also want ability to trigger Siri/Alexa/GoogleHome/Cortana, i.e. a Home button.

Maybe something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KPZN5UC/

But it looks like there may be some compatibility issues.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:52 AM   #11
MobileFinder
MobileFinder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Bluetooth remote for android

Basically it does vary because it depends on the device that you are using, and for what purpose you are looking for. If you want to access your PC then Bluetooth Remote PC, it allows you to Get access to a computer and use your favorites programs from distance. You can control mouse, keyboard, multimedia, presentation or power system commands.if you want to control home stuff like switch on light, turn off Ac and much more, download ARDUINO BLUETOOTH CONTROL
MobileFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:47 PM   #12
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Any BlueTooth media and/or shutter remote is going to be fairly small. Mine is about 2"x1.25" with a lanyard/split-ring. I use it to turn pages while on the treadmill. There's a ton of these small devices for sale that will work.
Suppose you're reading and you and the reader go to sleep. When you wake up is there a waiting period for re-pairing before you can begin reading again? I use a remote for side reading in bed but it's usbotg.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:33 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Suppose you're reading and you and the reader go to sleep. When you wake up is there a waiting period for re-pairing before you can begin reading again? I use a remote for side reading in bed but it's usbotg.
I honestly don't know. Give me some time to set it up and I can probably test it, though.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:26 PM   #14
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I honestly don't know. Give me some time to set it up and I can probably test it, though.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:52 PM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

When using the Kindle for Android app on my Nexus 7, there's very brief delay after waking the device and clicking a button on the Fintie, but it's very quick. No lengthy pairing process. Just a short pause before the page turns the first time. This was after leaving the device in sleep mode for thirty minutes or so.

In the interest of full disclosure: I did not actually fall asleep myself for this experiment. If you think that will make a difference, I'm willing to try it again.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-09-2017 at 06:12 AM.