Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Has anyone in the UK seen any sign on their K3 shipping?

I have been keeping an eye on the 'shipping' thread and as far as i can see its only K3's shipping from the US that are going early.

I ordered mine on the 30th and so far the case has shipped but no sign at all of anything happening with the K3. No CC billed, nothing changed on the order. The only thing that has happened is my first class shipping has moved to expedited (whatever that means). But thats it.

So whats happening with other UK K3's? Has anyone seen any hint of shipping yet?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 AM   #2
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
My case has shipped.

The Kindle 3G-Wi-Fi has not shipped yet but is showing expected dispatch 25th - 27th August with expected delivery 26th - 28th August. I am in UK.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 03:49 AM   #3
robins777
Enthusiast
robins777 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3-- Archos 5 A
Checked mine this morning and it says:

Not yet dispatched
Delivery Estimate: 27 Aug 2010
Delivery Option: Expedited Learn More
Order Total: £116.00

Lets hope its right.
robins777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:51 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I ordered on 29th July. My order page is still showing "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item.". My lighted cover shipped yesterday.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:54 AM   #5
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
My case has shipped and am expecting delivery today.

However my Kindle 3g still does not have an estimated date of arrival. Ordered 29th July.

Last edited by TheKindleWorm; 08-26-2010 at 03:58 AM.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 04:06 AM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I ordered on 29th July. My order page is still showing "We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item.". My lighted cover shipped yesterday.
I ordered on the 30th and mine says the same. I wondered if Amazon are doing this is in any order?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:07 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Mine is shipped (Wifi). Also ordered on the 29th. It's in transit. (netherlands)

So, looks like only Amazon.com shipped early, not Amazon.co.uk...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #8
SwedishMike
SwedishMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm like (most of?) the rest here in the UK. My case has shipped but still waiting for the email with shipping date for the device itself.

Bit useless with the cover without the reader, but hey ho - I can practise opening and closing it I guess.

// Mike
SwedishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:11 AM   #9
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
looks like only Amazon.com shipped early, not Amazon.co.uk...
I received mine (wifi only) from Amazon UK this morning, so some of them have shipped early.
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #10
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I'd like to know if anyone in the UK who ordered the 3G model has got the Kindle early. It does look like they started shipping wifi only models in the UK first for whatever reason.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:32 AM   #11
TheKindleWorm
Guru

This is a bit disconcerting. Someone over on the Amazon UK Kindle forums got this reply from Amazon when querying their order:

we are still waiting for the following item to be delivered to us by our supplier "Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation
Old 08-26-2010, 04:37 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Mine's a 3G model. No update to shipping status as yet.

Update: I've just phoned Amazon and they say there's no problem, and it will be shipped for tomorrow. The large volume of orders is resulting in delays in updating order status.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-26-2010 at 04:57 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:44 AM   #13
SwedishMike
SwedishMike began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Mine's just a Wifi and still no news from them.

// Mike
SwedishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:15 AM   #14
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Update: I've just phoned Amazon and they say there's no problem, and it will be shipped for tomorrow. The large volume of orders is resulting in delays in updating order status.
Thanks Harry, I'll try to remain patient
Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 AM   #15
TheKindleWorm
Guru

Thanks HarryT that is great to know