Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #676
thenrik
thenrik began at the beginning.

Device: EEE Transformer
I have a Nexus 7, limited to 16gb and a large ebook library. I use Cool Reader for my library. There's an app called Nexus Media Importer that allows streaming without rooting with an OGA cable attached to a flashdrive or SD Card Reader. I wrote to the developer and the addition of the following code would allow streaming epub and mobi books with Cool Reader:
"What they need to do is register an Intent Listener for http streams of the following types:"

extMap.put(".mobi", "application/x-mobipocket-ebook");
extMap.put(".epub", "application/epub+zip");

Adding the code would give me access to my full library on the go.

I hope you'll consider adding the code in your next update.

Thanks,

Tom
thenrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #677
erreur404
erreur404 began at the beginning.

Device: htc touch
Hi, Buggins

Thanks for all your work on cool reader. best ebook reader for me.
Do you thinks it's possible de add the possibility to sync the reading position on few devicez in coolreader ?

There is a ticket on source forge. But allwayse change the priyority.

I thinks it's very great feature for an ebook reader app.

Thanks for reading

Regards
erreur404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:02 AM   #678
just_me
just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.just_me is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook Simple Touch (rooted)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erreur404 View Post
Hi, Buggins

Thanks for all your work on cool reader. best ebook reader for me.
Do you thinks it's possible de add the possibility to sync the reading position on few devicez in coolreader ?

There is a ticket on source forge. But allwayse change the priyority.

I thinks it's very great feature for an ebook reader app.

Thanks for reading

Regards
I agree with this. I believe it is very important. It's the only reason why I still look for alternatives.
just_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #679
ncguy68
Enthusiast
ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet, Asus TF300, Nexus 7
Cache File

Is there a cache file that stores data for the books that have been read and the rating information? I am swithcing to a new Nexus 7 tablet (from a Nook Tablet) and I hate to lose this data).

Thanks, William
ncguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #680
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post
Is there a cache file that stores data for the books that have been read and the rating information? I am swithcing to a new Nexus 7 tablet (from a Nook Tablet) and I hate to lose this data).

Thanks, William
There is a cache sub folder in the .cr3 folder, but I don't think that the meta data is stored there. AFAIK, the cache file is basically just the pre-parsed book data so that when the book is opened on subsequent occasions the opening occurs much faster.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #681
Gnosius
Gnosius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android-Phone (S2)
Unhappy meta data missing (author, title, rating, comments

Hi,
I use cool reader & kindle touch for E-reading. I've converted quite a few PDF/PRC files to mobi-format with Calibre & mobiReader-Software. Before creating the MOBI-files I added metadata like author, title, rating, comment & cover-picture.
After creating a MOBI-File with calibre (calibre then also creates a new cover.jpg, metadata.opf & title.mbp file) I copied only the Mobi-File to a new folder and opened it with MobiReader. MobiReader showed all Metadata although not knowing about *.opf & *.mpb file. So I suppose all metadata is also stored directly in the Mobi-file. It also worked the other way.

Unfortunately, when copying the *mobi-files to my android-phone (Galaxys2) or kindle touch, all metadata are lost except the cover-pictures.
For example Cool Reader shows all cover pictures but if you go for details no author, title, rating or description is seen. Therefore I also can not sort by author or title. It's also no help to copy the *opf & *.mpb files as well to the phone/kindle

On the Calibre-support-pages they say "Ask amazon or the programmer of the readers"

Any idea, how the metadata could be retrieved???

Thanks for your help
Gnosius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #682
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy68 View Post

Thanks, William
In the .cr3 folder, which for me is /mnt/sdcard/.cr3/, there are two sqlite databases which store the book names, last read position, and other things. I don't know about ratings, since I never used that.

The path is stored, so it might need to match exactly on the new device, for example:
/mnt/sdcard/books/book1.epub
Although I never tested this so maybe Coolreader might adjust to matching the filename.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #683
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Cool reader in linux

Hi,
First, thanks for the wonderful software. This is the best ebook viewer (calibre viewer is so slow and fbreader not having two page mode etc.). It is so fast and greatly configurable.

In linux (I know this is android forumn but I am yet to see any other place to write this), the appln does not seem to remember any of the customisations. The css/view changes, the last opened page/s of the book, even window size etc. I am almost sure, these features are already there and something is missing in my installation.

I am using Ubuntu gnome remix 64bit (the 12.10 beta version) with gnome shell. I added the ppa (https://launchpad.net/~vovansrnd/+archive/coolreader) for precise with CR version 3.0.59.

Please let me know if you need any extra info., etc. Thanks again for the great pgm.
iamosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #684
ferossan
ferossan began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO, Nook Simple Touch, Nexus 7, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamosam View Post
Hi,
First, thanks for the wonderful software. This is the best ebook viewer (calibre viewer is so slow and fbreader not having two page mode etc.). It is so fast and greatly configurable.

In linux (I know this is android forumn but I am yet to see any other place to write this), the appln does not seem to remember any of the customisations. The css/view changes, the last opened page/s of the book, even window size etc. I am almost sure, these features are already there and something is missing in my installation.

I am using Ubuntu gnome remix 64bit (the 12.10 beta version) with gnome shell. I added the ppa (https://launchpad.net/~vovansrnd/+archive/coolreader) for precise with CR version 3.0.59.

Please let me know if you need any extra info., etc. Thanks again for the great pgm.
Run Cool Reader as super user:
Start the Terminal and type:
Code:
sudo cr3
type your pass
change the settings and close it
start it again as normal user
ferossan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #685
iamosam
Enthusiast
iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.iamosam ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferossan View Post
Run Cool Reader as super user
Thank you, that did the trick.

I wonder, though, why changes in normal user are not retained. Is it intentional? Also I tried creating an epub.css file in (home)/.cr3, but that did not seem recognised. Any ideas?

Cool reader is so fast and so responsive, even books with 2000+ pages opens instantly. With calibre, I used to wait and wait. Fantastic work! This is easily the best ebook reader out there. We just need more publicity.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #686
iamosam
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamosam View Post
I wonder, though, why changes in normal user are not retained. Is it intentional? Also I tried creating an epub.css file in (home)/.cr3, but that did not seem recognised. Any ideas?
I just found the css files are kept in usr/share/cr3. Now I know why my customisations were not retained in normal user. But I still wonder, why can't we place those in home/cr3 folder. This will also eliminate the need to open CR in super user.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #687
ncguy68
Enthusiast
ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ncguy68 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet, Asus TF300, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
In the .cr3 folder, which for me is /mnt/sdcard/.cr3/, there are two sqlite databases which store the book names, last read position, and other things. I don't know about ratings, since I never used that.

The path is stored, so it might need to match exactly on the new device, for example:
/mnt/sdcard/books/book1.epub
Although I never tested this so maybe Coolreader might adjust to matching the filename.

Thanks I will give this a try and see what happens.
ncguy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 AM   #688
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Buggins seems to be active again and the last few days has updated a few things in coolreader. He seems to be more active in the 4pda russian forum so if anyone has bugs etc to report I would recommend posting in that forum

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=191747
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #689
erreur404
erreur404 began at the beginning.

Device: htc touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Buggins seems to be active again and the last few days has updated a few things in coolreader. He seems to be more active in the 4pda russian forum so if anyone has bugs etc to report I would recommend posting in that forum

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=191747

it's a russian forum
erreur404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #690
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by erreur404 View Post
it's a russian forum
That is what Dopedangel said when he recommended it. If you use Google Chrome to view the forum it will translate it for you.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader