Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #31
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I really love the fuchsia Amazon case. Here's a few pics.

sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #32
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
you know, those are the three colours that I really wanted : the persimmon, the purple, the fuschia. Now I chose the persimmon but I might order the purple too. I love the pink, but I have many other pink stuff, and it's time I emancipate myself ...
The purple does seem more blue than purple....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #33
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: could be Kobo Glo or KPW
what about the cold/men colours? blue, tan or black?...
ashan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #34
zwarbles
Connoisseur
zwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura about

Device: iPad, Nook, NC, NST, Kobo, Nook Glo, K4, KPW Touch
I have the fuchsia case too and I love it! I didn't want to spend that much money for a case, but I have to say it really is nice. I'm glad I bought it.
zwarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #35
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashan View Post
what about the cold/men colours? blue, tan or black?...
the blue is nice, but I prefer the amarillo for a man. My son loves it.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #36
ashan
Connoisseur
ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

which one? there is no amarillo there
Old 10-11-2012, 08:40 PM   #37
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I have the blue. Can't take a pic right now. But it's very dark. Kind of too dark. Almost black. Not really enthusiastic about the color.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #38
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Acerflor and sparklemotion, colors are definitely a matter of taste. I just hope I did not make it look better by having it next to the red case.

Last edited by xendula; 10-11-2012 at 11:40 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #39
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I would of gotten a black one if I could afford it. And if I was still getting a PW which I'm not till the rainbow issue is fixed.

All my cases are black but to be fair I have a purple skin on my phone but only because our phones are dark purple and I don't want to mix it up with hubby's who has a black skin.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #40
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wish they kept the plastic frame around the kindle black, and just have the cover colorful.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:48 PM   #41
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashan View Post
which one? there is no amarillo there
well, on the spanish page they call it amarillo miel. it is the yellowish one.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #42
ashan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I wish they kept the plastic frame around the kindle black, and just have the cover colorful.
Yup, that's a very good thought, I was also thinking the same...and would have been easier for them as well.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #43
ashan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
well, on the spanish page they call it amarillo miel. it is the yellowish one.
Oh the honey one, well I can't see that as a men colour, tan, black and blue are nice, for me, but first I should make up my mind if I want the PW or not, with all these problems I don't know what's a defective unit or a good unit.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #44
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
My persimmon cover arrived today. I only ordered it because I wanted it in red, and some users said that it is more red than orange. Amazon actually had a red one in their pictures in the beginning, but then removed it, because they did not sell it - out of sight, out of mind. It is a light brick color. Thinking of returning it for a pink or black. I placed the built red sleeve next to it so you can tell the difference.
I have the persimmon cover as well. I think it's okay, but would prefer if they had gone all the way with red or orange. It seems to photograph more orange than it is in real life. I'm sure there's a Crayola this color, but until I find it, I would best describe it as a light tomato red, or maybe pimento. It does seem to lean more into the red zones than orange, but it's a mid tone, not super deep. Maybe it needs more black to make it a nice chili pepper red. I'd say it's okay, but not quite there.

Personally, I think the persimmon should have been darker and the blue, lighter.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #45
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I have the persimmon cover as well. I think it's okay, but would prefer if they had gone all the way with red or orange. It seems to photograph more orange than it is in real life. I'm sure there's a Crayola this color, but until I find it, I would best describe it as a light tomato red, or maybe pimento. It does seem to lean more into the red zones than orange, but it's a mid tone, not super deep. Maybe it needs more black to make it a nice chili pepper red. I'd say it's okay, but not quite there.

Personally, I think the persimmon should have been darker and the blue, lighter.
I wonder if there are varaiations in the color. Mine is definitely not tomato colored, more like a brick color. I keep trying to come up with a comparison to something everybody knows. It is definitely not the color of persimmon, which would be a beautiful lighter orange. If you guys know dried goji berries: that's the color of mine.

I would not mind real bright orange or real bright red either. Maybe there is a leather paint I could use, but then the frame around the device would still be the same (to me) ugly color.I could use a black marker on the frame, but it's a $40 case.... What to do....