Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-09-2011, 04:49 AM   #1
wzambotti
wzambotti began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Dead Battery

My Kobo was purchased Xmas 2010. The battery now no longer holds a charge (regardless of how long you charge it). I can only use the reader as long I am connected to a USB power source! I have been informed by Borders that the warrantee period is only 90 days. So I am faced at hardware hacking the unit to physically replace the batteries or get my self a new unit (and not Kobo, once shame on you, twice shame on me).
I dont think any firmware update is going to help me.
wzambotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Contact Kobo. Hardware warranty is 1 year. I am also not sure if you are talking Kobo-1--which was a discontinued product when you bought it--and even then, not sure if the warranty was affected by that. I'm not usually a suspicious person, but Borders is having the kind of problems right now that might result in less than stellar customer service.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote