Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-18-2013, 02:21 AM   #16
rayandreas
rayandreas began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire hd 8.9
greetings,

I am new here but am also in a similar situation. I am trying to help a friend who's daughter got burned on craigslist and bought a demo model hd 8.9 What is sad is that she saved that little bit of money for like almost a year only to buy this lemon. Well, neddless to say, I took on the challenge of trying to get a stock or android rom on it to no avail so far. I did experiment and used kingo root and it rooted it and installed SU. It also is now registered to me through amazon. I got it to go into fastboot mode but am stuck at waiting for device. I am at a standstill now but would really like to get this going for her. Any bones you can throw my way?
rayandreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #17
cicsos2
Enthusiast
cicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to beholdcicsos2 is a marvel to behold

Device: kindle Kbd, Fire(N2A), & 8.9
Take a look at http://n2aos.com/ ... in particular the http://n2aos.com/forum/n2aos-restore2stock-r2s/ discussion. I don't know if this would help or not.
cicsos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:09 AM   #18
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Le Pan 10, Kindle Fire, and Samsung Galaxy SII
Two items, there is a demo/normal setting in settings on some android systems I believe.

Secondly the N2AOS worked for me a few days ago. You download an exe from their site, run it on the pc, it then downloads the system to the kindle and installs, took maybe 20 minutes on my slow dsl. They also offer a restore feature that I think works in a similar manner.

Works nice and worth the 19 bucks to me.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
JayOf72
JayOf72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire Demo
@rayandreas:
You've gotten farther than I ever did...I was never able to root with the various programs I tried.
I googled 'kingo root' to see what it was. After reading that it may contain malware/spyware I'll be staying away from that one

@cicsos2:
I checked out the N2Aos Restore2stock link you gave. Might work if someone can boot their kindle into into Recovery/TWRP mode (mine won't)
JayOf72 is offline   Reply With Quote